• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

BYU is an Independent, rest of sports in WCC

AfiPoke

On ESPN now.

I guess Fresno and Nevada don't owe 5 million anymore.

Dumb Zoobs. Glad they are off the fence but seriously, a dumb move.

Even though we all hate BYu, this might very well hurt our BCS chances. I hope that the MWC boycotts scheduling byu in the future. Stupid move, I hope they go broke.

msuhunter said:
Even though we all hate BYu, this might very well hurt our BCS chances. I hope that the MWC boycotts scheduling byu in the future. Stupid move, I hope they go broke.
Same here. BYU can go suck it and rot.

fromolwyoming said:
msuhunter said:
Same here. BYU can go suck it and rot.

:censored: BYU and the white horse they rode in on! :tickedoff:

It might hurt our BCS chances, but if it the MWC didn't have a contigency plan's in place to cover the basics, I don't think they would have let them go. Should be interesting to see what the mwc has up its sleeve.

Bunch of selfish pricks IMO. I just dont see them EVER getting into a BCS game on their own :lol:

Heard about it on radio.
Read about it on ponyfans.com.
Some are questioning things like "Are they really going independent with a great tv deal worked out?"
"Are they really waiting to be invited to join the Big 12?"

"Are Houston, SMU, Texas-El Paso now going to get invites to MWC?"

I think a lot of Ponies on the Hilltop don't want to be in a western conference again, like the MWC.
Most comments I'm reading say that they prefer to stay to something more regional to the Dallas area.

I don't like BYU sports so I don't want it to work out for them BUT apparently they have so many LDS-ers who would watch on tv (I've heard 50 million) that they have a lot of power that way in order to make independence work out for them.
I've heard that they like the faith based WCC.

The West Coast Conference currently includes Gonzaga, St. Mary’s, Santa Clara, University of San Francisco, Pepperdine, Portland, San Diego and Loyola Marymount. :rofl:

Alysa said:
Heard about it on radio.
Some are questioning things like "Are they really going independent with a great tv deal worked out?"
Don't know, don't care. Seems far fetched to me to see them join the Big 12.

Alysa said:
Don't know.I do know BYU is gone from the MWC. What the MWC does now, I don't know. They probably have something up their sleeve.

Alysa said:
I think a lot of Ponies on the Hilltop don't want to be in a western conference again, like the MWC.
Most comments I'm reading say that they prefer to stay to something more regional to the Dallas area.

I don't like BYU sports so I don't want it to work out for them BUT apparently they have so many LDS-ers who would watch on tv (I've heard 50 million) that they have a lot of power that way in order to make independence work out for them.

I have BYU-TV at home. I've never watched it. I certainly won't watch it to see BYU play. Seems like a risky move to me.

Also, I should add, that Thompson isn't going to get "Benson'ed" in this situation.. you can bet he's already onto plan B.

For some reason, this whole thread brought this quote to mind. I had to dig it up off of SI.com. Its from 1981.

LaVell Edwards, Brigham Young football coach, after suffering a 33-20 loss to Wyoming in a snowstorm in the Cowboys' War Memorial Stadium: "I'd rather lose and live in Provo than win and live in Laramie."

wyobrandon said:
It might hurt our BCS chances, but if it the MWC didn't have a contigency plan's in place to cover the basics, I don't think they would have let them go. Should be interesting to see what the mwc has up its sleeve.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Hair Thompson goes after Gonzaga and St. Mary. Those are the only two schools in the WCC basketball wise that make the conference relevant.

Alysa said:
Heard about it on radio.

Can you tell me with out looking at your channel guide what channel Zoob-TV is on?

Latest posts

Back