• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Why aren't Seniors like Dax Crum in the game?

theman said:
That's fvckin bullshit; up 37 in their last game ever and they don't get in.

I agree. But at least he got to get the last play in...if you can call kneeling the ball a play

I have a feeling they wanted to make sure to get the shutout and thereby we HAD to be able to move the ball. 44-0 looks a billion times better than 44-7.

theman said:
That's fvckin bullshit; up 37 in their last game ever and they don't get in.
I totally agree. I thought he handled everything with total class the last 2 year's. To not give him a couple of series was no class by DC, real duchy if you ask me. :willybs:

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I've never understood the idea that players are somehow entitled to playing time of any kind. I don't care if Rudy himself is on the team, its the last game of his career, his father died the night before, the score is 80-0, the entire crowd is chanting his name, and he was just diagnosed with terminal cancer during the game...I want the best player on the field at all times.

TheRealUW said:
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I've never understood the idea that players are somehow entitled to playing time of any kind. I don't care if Rudy himself is on the team, its the last game of his career, his father died the night before, the score is 80-0, the entire crowd is chanting his name, and he was just diagnosed with terminal cancer during the game...I want the best player on the field at all times.

THIS

I was in the stands screaming for coach to put Crum in, he deserved to be in. But I can also say that ACS was a class act with Crum when he went in to kneel on the ball, ACS hugged him, patted him on his helmet and you could tell that ACS was generally happy for him, I think ACS learned more over the last two years from Crum than anyone knows.

I think ACS was actually kind of surprised that coach did not pull him earlier and put Crum in.

TheRealUW said:
Oh bullshit, that's how you reward your player's for all their hard work in practices and everything else they do to help their TEAM win a game. 44-0! He should of got the last series. Basketball coaches do it all the time when the game is in the bag.

zappinpoke said:
TheRealUW said:
Oh bullshit, that's how you reward your player's for all their hard work in practices and everything else they do to help their TEAM win a game. 44-0! He should of got the last series. Basketball coaches do it all the time.

And if Dax throws an interception or fumbles the ball and CSU takes it to the house, then everybody gets super pissed and the win doesn't look nearly as impressive. This was all about making a statement to recruits in the crowd.

zappinpoke said:
Oh bullshit, that's how you reward your player's for all their hard work in practices and everything else they do to help their TEAM win a game. 44-0! He should of got the last series. Basketball coaches do it all the time when the game is in the bag.

I never said it doesn't happen all the time. I just don't agree with it. I think if you talked with the athletes you would find that many of them don't see getting into the game during a blowout or because its the last game of their career rewarding. The majority of athletes want to play because they are the best, not because the game is a no doubter.

Asmodeanreborn said:
zappinpoke said:
TheRealUW said:
Oh bullshit, that's how you reward your player's for all their hard work in practices and everything else they do to help their TEAM win a game. 44-0! He should of got the last series. Basketball coaches do it all the time.

And if Dax throws an interception or fumbles the ball and CSU takes it to the house, then everybody gets super pissed and the win doesn't look nearly as impressive. This was all about making a statement to recruits in the crowd.

Frankly, I think the 3-8 record is the bigger statement than 44-0 versus 44-7. The recruits will have to choose us based on what they hope we can do not based on what we did this season. Also, if Dax had been put in, we probably would have only ran running plays to not risk an interception, so I think the risk would have been minimal. However, I also agree if Dax had been in rather than ACS, there was probably less of a chance of us using all the clock up on the drive that started with 7 minutes still in the game, which would have then given CSU more opportunity to score. So in the shutout respect I think it was better to keep ACS in.

TheRealUW said:
So your willing to risk unnecessary injuries when already winning big and get the future starters no playing time? That's not how you run a football team.

Most of those at the game wanted to see seniors in with the score the way it was. You could hear the murmurs around you about it.
I think not playing seniors in that situation hurts recruiting. It absolutely hurts walk-on recruiting. DC didn't have any problem throwing in some playing time for freshmen during the game, I noticed.

Latest posts

Back