• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Thiam....

Yea he didnt look like he had much to play for tonight. Some games he comes out like he has nothing to lose and others he looks like he has nothing to gain

I agree, pretty inconsistant. He has his games where he looks great, good effort and he has a nice mid-range jumper. But then the next night....nothing.

The guy has a ton of potential, but does look lost at times. He has shown the ability to drive and hit an occasional jumper, but we don't get to see that all the time.

I think it will be a matter of time before M'Baye takes his place in the starting line-up.

JimmyDimes said:
The guy has a ton of potential, but does look lost at times. He has shown the ability to drive and hit an occasional jumper, but we don't get to see that all the time.

I think it will be a matter of time before M'Baye takes his place in the starting line-up.

Thiam is rarely in position defensively.
M'Baye seems capable of only doing one thing consistently -- committing stupid fouls and then shrugging his shoulders.

AND PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT POTENTIAL AND ATHLETICISM.

I want to see someone on the court who has a clue, but then if he was on the roster he'd probably have to sit next to Jackson because he isn't Langley's butt boy like Luster, who hits a 3-pointer and suddenly becomes Magic Johnson. Geez.

Poke Around said:
I want to see someone on the court who has a clue, but then if he was on the roster he'd probably have to sit next to Jackson because he isn't Langley's butt boy like Luster, who hits a 3-pointer and suddenly becomes Magic Johnson. Geez.

I was disappointed in the way Luster was playing during the non-conference schedule, but the guy has really raised his game since conference play began. Even when he wasn't scoring, he still had one of the best assist to turnover margins in the MWC. What makes that stat even more unbelievable is that we had several games where we hardly any assists at all. I like the way he handles the ball and he seems to be gaining confidence in his outside shot. He doesn't particularily run this offense very well, but I'm not exactly sure what this offense is designed to do. I will also say this, Luster is the hardest working defender in our full court press. I've been pretty impressed with his ability to be in the face of the opposing PG all the way down the length of the court and rarely does he get burned. I've seen that pressure from Luster result in TO's multiple times.

On another note, I'm not quite sure what some people see in M'Baye. I thought this guy was going to be big time when I watched prep school videos of him last year, but I've been highly disappointed. I've always argued that talent is immensely more important than coaching, but this year's class is starting to change my mind. I thought this year's class had some big time players in it, including Manzano, M'Baye, and maybe Jackson. I still think Manzano could have been something special and at the very least, a major contributor night in and night out. Anyways, to get back to the point, M'Baye has sucked quite frankly. Is it Schroyer's poor coaching or was M'Baye just not as talented as I initially thought? I guess only time will tell.

Latest posts

Back