• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Weber State Attendance Prediction...

McPeachy

I predict that a good / decent crowd, but not a great crowd, of 24,000 show up on September 5th to get a sneak peak at the new Wyoming offense, and the tough Wyoming defense.

I can only hope that the arrival of a new staff boosts attendance, but Wyomingites love the outdoors and Labor Day weekend is always the last hoorah of the summer. 21K.

Let's see - 8,000 season tickets, 7K students, 1K Weber State Fans, 5K stragglers - yeah - about 21K - and for Wyoming, that is AWESOME

Drawing anything over 20K for an FCS opponent would be pretty damn good. No disrespect to Weber State, but the average fan isn't very interested in seeing the Pokes play a team from a lower division. Of course, the die hard fans will show up, just as they would for ANY Wyoming football game. I also think many people who would consider coming into Laramie for opening weekend might instead wait to come for the Texas game the next week.

I sure hope the Pokes aren't looking ahead to Texas. Weber State is a damn good football team that will be more than happy to knock off a FBS school in their own house. Believe me, they all know what NDSU did in Laramie last year and they won't be intimidated. They will come with every intention of winning this game. I'm telling you right now, the Pokes better come out crisp, mistake free, and angry as hell or the Texas game won't be such a big deal after a loss to a FCS school. However, I'm hoping the Pokes come out like gangbusters and don't ever let up.

I bet their crowd travels well to this one. It's a big deal for them, their will be tickets available, it will be like an outdoor adventure for them, and they get to buy liquor, firecrackers, and sex toys in Evanston on the way up and back.

Can't wait to see what shade this year's Wildcat Cheerleaders unis are-
article-0-00ED004900000578-342_468x341.jpg

pokerupfront said:
I bet their crowd travels well to this one. It's a big deal for them, their will be tickets available, it will be like an outdoor adventure for them, and they get to buy liquor, firecrackers, and sex toys in Evanston on the way up and back.

Can't wait to see what shade this year's Wildcat Cheerleaders unis are-
article-0-00ED004900000578-342_468x341.jpg

What's your prediction against Weber? I have them beating you guys and losing to CSU!

28-14 Weber over Wyoming

Going to be tough for Webs to come in and win in Laramie. They don't exactly have a good track record vs. FBS/I-A opponents.

MrTitleist said:
Going to be tough for Webs to come in and win in Laramie. They don't exactly have a good track record vs. FBS/I-A opponents.

They played at Utah last year and had better results than you guys did. I think you guys could be good, but not this season. Maybe next with some experience in your new system.

big z said:
MrTitleist said:

They played at Utah last year and had better results than you guys did. I think you guys could be good, but not this season. Maybe next with some experience in your new system.

Hey Z...no way in hell UW loses to Weber. No way. It in may be close, but everyone has lost site of one thing...our D is going to be top 20 plus caliber this year. If our offense generates even 14 points, Weber will lose...probably by 14 points.

big z said:
MrTitleist said:

Weber didn't play Utah that great. They were down 34-7 going into the 4th quarter and scored after Utah called off the dogs. Wyoming outgained Utah in total yards, but had 5 turnovers, 3 of them returned for scores. I wouldn't say Utah dismantled the Pokes, but I would say they dismantled the Wildcats.

big z said:
So what's the difference going to be between this year and last on your defense?

Nothing, Wyoming's returning the 38th ranked defense in the country. There figures to be no drop-off from last year to this year.

MrTitleist said:
big z said:
So what's the difference going to be between this year and last on your defense?

Nothing, Wyoming's returning the 38th ranked defense in the country. There figures to be no drop-off from last year to this year.

Also, our D may get more rest this season if the O isn't turning the ball over all the time and aren't going 3 and out all the time. Look at the stats of how many minutes our D was on the field last year compared to our O. Even if our O is only average and we cut down on turnovers, we will be better than we have been the last 2 years and that will help our D also.

I have a hard time thinking that DC wont have this team ready to play on opening day. Weber may indeed be looking at teh NDST film, but that wont do them much good. Its a whole new game on offense. Plus, the real weakness the Pokes had last year was lack of discipline and very little toughness. From all reports I've heard, those two issues have been addressed. I expect the Pokes to still be a bit shakey on offesne, working out the kinks. But they will be super agressive and I expect to see a lot of WSU players on the turf.

Latest posts

Back