• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

WAC has schools on their radar

MrTitleist

Administrator
Staff member
Considering another run at Montana and Montana State.
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Commissioner-says-WAC-has-new-members-lined-up-957909.php

I read what you linked here. I read some things on gomeangreen.com and the mwc board.
From what I've been reading it sounds like UNT wants to join the MWC.
UNT has turned away WAC offers before.
Some guy posted a lot of pics of UNT's new stadium on the MWC board.
It's a nice new stadium but I'm not sending them the money I was going to because of the lack of a track and other things with the new stadium. I am mad at them because of the Dodge hire and have not given money to UNT since 2006.
I don't think that Houston wants to go MWC based on what I've heard a few months back.

The WAC has reminded me of a record company that some artist's referred to as "Instant Death Records" because if you made a record on their label they would not give a good enough effort to promote it and sell it etc. So, to me, it's not a good idea for Texas teams to join the WAC.
It would probably be just as good for all the new teams and the FCS teams moving to FBS to join together for a new league of their own. Most of the teams I know about like those are from states that have recruiting numbers and are football crazy like the teams in the South. Like Texas State, Texas-San Antonio, South Alabama, Georgia State etc.
I'd say no to the WAC.

alyssa" The WAC has reminded me of a record company that some artist's referred to as "Instant Death Records" I'd say no to the WAC.[/quote said:
Now you have the WAC as the Instant Death Conference because of the 4 programs on the way out.
I'd say no to the WAC if I'm not in far west Texas or I couldn't get a better deal by going to the SBC, where I think S. Alabama is still headed.

MrTitleist said:
You're a tough read, Alyssa.. I can't figure out if you're a UNT fan or a SMU fan. :)

Oh and I would not make a mistake here if that were a trivia question. It's the Red and the Blue, even though her personality is not that of an SMU snob. Very friendly. Not a look at me type.Go figure.

LOL Karl just needs to drop it already. Montana won't go anywhere unless the MWC comes calling.

J-Rod said:
LOL Karl just needs to drop it already. Montana won't go anywhere unless the MWC comes calling.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Poor Karl. He's persistent. Gotta give him that. :thumb: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One thing he keeps forgetting: no WAC bowls after 2013.

New NCAA rules just passed will put a clamp on FCS teams wanting to move up to FBS. You can no longer move up without an existing FBS conference invite and any new FBS conference trying to form would have to play together for 8 years before the NCAA recognizes them as a conference. Very tough thing to do. They have basically capped the number of FBS conferences to what exists today and that will also limit the total number of FBS teams in the near future.

Once the WAC is full there won't be very many more move ups from the FCS anymore. Look for a few FCS programs to push to get in the WAC to maybe catch the last train to the FBS before it leaves,

Lamar, Sam Houston and others will make a try.

Latest posts

Back