• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

UNC! Really?

AfiPoke

WTF?

Apparently, our last loss to UNC was in 1937. We didn't score until 8 minutes into the game.

I really hope the Pokes beat the Rams or this whole year is going to have been a wash.

UNC!

Not shocking at all. UNC has been pushing the top of their conference the last couple years, and the Pokes have not been drooping instead of pushing.

Still early, no need to burn the gym down yet.

pokerupfront said:
Not shocking at all. UNC has been pushing the top of their conference the last couple years, and the Pokes have not been drooping instead of pushing.

Oh really? UNC lost their head coach and they are not a top 100 program. We were down 29-4 last night. We will be in the play in game for the 3d time in 4 years with this "coach" that no other AD in the nation would hire. We don't have a single player who would start on any of the top 6 or 7 teams in the MWC.

So if you don't mind, I have already "burned down the gym" until we get a new coach.

This is a tough loss to swallow for me. UNC...Greeley...shouldn't even be on the same court as Wyoming. This is like the football team losing to UNM and UNLV...

bladerunnr said:
pokerupfront said:

Oh really? UNC lost their head coach and they are not a top 100 program. We were down 29-4 last night. We will be in the play in game for the 3d time in 4 years with this "coach" that no other AD in the nation would hire. We don't have a single player who would start on any of the top 6 or 7 teams in the MWC.

So if you don't mind, I have already "burned down the gym" until we get a new coach.

It was the second game and we played a horrible first 10 minutes. Was it frusterating? Hell yeah. Was i just sitting on my couch shaking my head thinking "not again"? Sure. Am I ready to give up on this team after 2 games? Not a chance. After the first ten minutes i saw(or heard) some possitives. Gibson(or Gipson cant remember which) is a beast and will bring us some much needed toughness.

We have a quick turnaround with another game on thursday then saturday so we can see how this team responds. I think this team will be much better than last year and there is no way we will be in the play-in game again this year and if we do then HS should and i think will be fired. Not that not being in the play-in game should be enough either. All im saying is dont give up on this team after the second game. At least give it a week and see what the next three games bring.

I'm not giving up yet. It's not that we lost, it was the way we lost to UNC. I really thought after seeing the first two games that we had all the pieces to be a very good team this season. The outside shooting was better than I had seen since Ogirri graduated, but we sure couldn't hit anything or do anything right for the first 8 minutes. When you spot a good team 27 points, you have dug a hole that is almost impossible to get out of. :!:

After the first 9 minutes, I wanted to stick hot coals in my eyes. UNC won 25 games last year and returned 3 starters. As WYCowoboy pointed out, you can't spot a good team 27 points. But, I was encouraged to see we came back and could have made it very interesting if we hit a 3 and they didn't when we were within 8 late.

I still have hope. Gipson looks to be a stud rebounder and Cruz can stroke it. Get these guys to play from teh get go and they can be decent. Only one senior.

JimmyDimes said:
I was encouraged to see we came back and could have made it very interesting if we hit a 3 and they didn't when we were within 8 late. I still have hope. Gipson looks to be a stud rebounder and Cruz can stroke it. Get these guys to play from teh get go and they can be decent. Only one senior.

Great point. Just hard to see Greeley even compete with us, let alone whip our ass.

Blah, blah, blah out you sunshine pumpers. Heath doesn't get it and never will get it. His offense sucks and we play passive defense. This team is headed no where fast. Completely outplayed by UNC and its great basketball tradition. If you plan on going to the MWC tourney, make sure you get there on Wednesday for UW's one game.

There is absolutely no way to justify or ameliorate the impact of this loss. It's not unlike losing to Hampton.

It tells us that our team is hopelessly bad. I really, truly wish I could put a hopeful spin on it, but there is no way to do it.

Please, someone, help us end this misery.

I can't imagine the kind of losses we will have once Conference play starts... MWC Basketball is no joke, but we are. That's the problem.

Sorry... there is NO EXCUSE for the crap I saw last night.

It's one thing for shots to not go down and the other team to be on fire - but UNC realized they were playing a basketball game - I don't know what Wyoming thought they were doing. The players were either turning the ball over or making stupid, out of control shots.

I walked into the UNC gym, and honestly...there's something seriously wrong if UNC has a better program than Wyoming's.

Latest posts

Back