• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Tom Burman's Contract - Performance Incentives Removed in 2022

Indeed.

If we want to have any chance of being competitive next year, we need a new AD in place no later than the end of next month. Then you can let Sawvel go at the end of the season and look for a new coach.

First step…fire Tom Burman!
You can’t possibly put together a quality hiring process for AD in the next month. If we attempted to do this, we would probably end up with Tom Burman’s assistant as our new AD and be worse off. We have to go through a thorough national/quality process where AD candidates are identified and contacted months before interviews even start.
 
You can’t possibly put together a quality hiring process for AD in the next month. If we attempted to do this, we would probably end up with Tom Burman’s assistant as our new AD and be worse off. We have to go through a thorough national/quality process where AD candidates are identified and contacted months before interviews even start.
That is a good point.

In that case, is there any benefit to letting Burman go now vs. letting his contract run out in the summer of 2027? Even if Burman remains in place for now, a search could still be initiated with the understanding that Burman's contract will not be renewed next summer.
 
That is a good point.

In that case, is there any benefit to letting Burman go now vs. letting his contract run out in the summer of 2027? Even if Burman remains in place for now, a search could still be initiated with the understanding that Burman's contract will not be renewed next summer.
This is why I suspect he announces his ‘retirement’ in the next month but stays in the position until contract end while the hiring process goes on for the new AD to be in place July 1. This is exactly the process that occurred with Seidel. Seidel knew he was gone but fulfilled his contract while the hiring process was being conducted.
 
This is why I suspect he announces his ‘retirement’ in the next month but stays in the position until contract end while the hiring process goes on for the new AD to be in place July 1. This is exactly the process that occurred with Seidel. Seidel knew he was gone but fulfilled his contract while the hiring process was being conducted.
When are the contracts typically extended or when have they been in the past? I'm sure it's not something they announce the day before it expires, so I'd also assume that if by a certain time, if a new contract hasn't been announced, it probably means they're moving on.
 
When are the contracts typically extended or when have they been in the past? I'm sure it's not something they announce the day before it expires, so I'd also assume that if by a certain time, if a new contract hasn't been announced, it probably means they're moving on.
Last time they did the extension in private and never told anyone. I assume if they are going to move on from Tom he announces his retirement Dec 1
 
You can’t possibly put together a quality hiring process for AD in the next month. If we attempted to do this, we would probably end up with Tom Burman’s assistant as our new AD and be worse off. We have to go through a thorough national/quality process where AD candidates are identified and contacted months before interviews even start.

Hoping the General has a list of AD candidates already in his pocket.
 
When are the contracts typically extended or when have they been in the past? I'm sure it's not something they announce the day before it expires, so I'd also assume that if by a certain time, if a new contract hasn't been announced, it probably means they're moving on.
Someone might want to do an FOI request again. Who knows, maybe Burman has already been extended and they just didn't announce it publicly like they did in 2022.

I know everybody on this board accepts it as a foregone conclusion that Burman will be gone no later than summer of 2027, but in reality, we really can't be certain of that. Could you imagine if Burman's contract is actually extended?
 
Someone might want to do an FOI request again. Who knows, maybe Burman has already been extended and they just didn't announce it publicly like they did in 2022.

I know everybody on this board accepts it as a foregone conclusion that Burman will be gone no later than summer of 2027, but in reality, we really can't be certain of that. Could you imagine if Burman's contract is actually extended?
Blasphemy!!!

May you smoke a turd in hell for this ^^^.
 
When are the contracts typically extended or when have they been in the past? I'm sure it's not something they announce the day before it expires, so I'd also assume that if by a certain time, if a new contract hasn't been announced, it probably means they're moving on.
Extensions can happen anytime according to the contract itself. The last extensions were done more than 1.5 years before the contract would have expired.

If they planned on keeping Burman, I can’t imagine they would wait any longer than December 31 to extend him given the timing of a hiring process. I think he’s done June 2027 personally.

But they have kept extensions a secret in the past. So maybe there is some hidden non-publicly known extension out there (I’d be surprised with Reeves).
 
But they have kept extensions a secret in the past. So maybe there is some hidden non-publicly known extension out there (I’d be surprised with Reeves).
If there was an extension, it would have been before Reeves. I'd think if Reeves makes the decision to extend him, he'd come out and face the music, say Burman is his guy, he supports him 100% and Tom came to him with a plan for success that wasn't possible under previous administrations and budget constraints, but they're moving forward together.
 
I'd think if Reeves makes the decision to extend him, he'd come out and face the music, say Burman is his guy, he supports him 100% and Tom came to him with a plan for success that wasn't possible under previous administrations and budget constraints, but they're moving forward together.
We need a puke emoji @MrTitleist. Because this made me puke.
 
Back
Top