• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

TCU Picked to win conference

MrTitleist

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.themwc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072710aac.html
Defending Mountain West Conference football champion TCU was predicted to capture its second consecutive title in 2010 in a poll of media members, announced today at MWC Football Media Day being held at the Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas. The Horned Frogs posted a perfect 8-0 record in Conference play in 2009, en route to a 12-1 overall record and a final national ranking of sixth in both the Associated Press and USA Today Coaches' polls.

No big changes here from last years finish.

Interesting, TCU received all 31 first place votes. I thought for sure that some BYU homer would pick them to finish first.

Not surprised. TCU has way too much returning talent wise and can fill in their holes on D with ease. Though, after this year, they may have trouble finding a suitable candidate to replace Dalton.

I am sure they will find another dual threat stud out of Texas, just like every other position they just reload.

fromolwyoming said:
Not surprised. TCU has way too much returning talent wise and can fill in their holes on D with ease. Though, after this year, they may have trouble finding a suitable candidate to replace Dalton.
I believe redshirt freshman QB Casey Pachall, 6'4 200, is considered a really good QB. Phil Steele has him as a PS# 27. Dalton was a PS# 74. I hope to see Pachall get decent playing time.

mrtnt3x said:
I am sure they will find another dual threat stud out of Texas, just like every other position they just reload.
I don't see it that way. I don't see TCU as reloading like, say, Texas. Gary Patterson finds a lot of overlooked, unknown, small town players and then makes good teams with them by doing things such as having a RB change positions to something like LB and teaches them how to play the new positions. It one way to get more speed on defense. Redshirting helps when changing positions. :D

Adv8RU12 said:
No question about it, TCU will dominate. But I know a way that the Pokes can hold them to 6 points.

Have my former schoolmate Mitch Cozad stab Andy Dalton in the leg the night before the game?
:whistle:

TwoTone said:
Adv8RU12 said:
No question about it, TCU will dominate. But I know a way that the Pokes can hold them to 6 points.

Have my former schoolmate Mitch Cozad stab Andy Dalton in the leg the night before the game?
:whistle:

No. Forfeit. NCAA rules that "game" 6-0.

Latest posts

Back