• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Sun Belt adding one more?

Guessing LA tech (given the comment on looking at only FBS schools)..... cutting travel costs

if True WAC going to be really hurting

billings said:
Guessing LA tech (given the comment on looking at only FBS schools)..... cutting travel costs

if True WAC going to be really hurting

Good call, yah I think the Sun Belt is a step up these days to be honest.

Tech makes sense. Saying no would not help their cause. They can cut travel costs and increase the win column. Win-win as far as I'm concerned. Well, for Tech anyway. The WAC would be finished.

J-Rod said:
Tech makes sense. Saying no would not help their cause. They can cut travel costs and increase the win column. Win-win as far as I'm concerned. Well, for Tech anyway. The WAC would be finished.

Not unless the WAC keeps digging into FCS.. My guess is they'll make another run at Montana/Montana State, but if the WAC wants them they're gonna have to come up with some pretty big incentives. Montana's feasibility study returned not good results for moving up. WAC is in serious trouble of losing conference status though..

I don't think the WAC has many legs to stand on, I don't think Montana or Montana State wants to be part of the WAC (Montana also didn't accept because Montana State wasn't orignially invited). I give them 2 years and they are DONE

Brew_Poke said:

If you're right, Brew, C-USA will invite La Tech immediately afterwards and bye-bye WAC!!!! WAC is about to head for conference boot hill where conferences like the Southwest Conference, the Big Eight, Skyline, the Border Conference and others are laid to rest for eternity.

I just think that Tulane as an institution would be better able to compete in the Sunbelt. They're never recovered from Katrina, and I don't think they ever will. And I'm not so sure that C-USA would be all that hot on gaining the Ruston, La., market, either. Louisiana Tech has been in an untenable position since Rice, Tulsa, et. al., left the WAC.

Latest posts

Back