• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Stutzriem

OrediggerPoke

Is apparently now the starting QB. How can you not root for a guy who looks like he should be on the bowling team rather than the football team?

This does have a bit of intrigue attatched now that Stutz has received the nod. Does he come out like Sween did his freshman year when the weight of team success/failure was put on his shoulders and play the game like it was fun? Or, has his head been screwed with so much this year that he is just another sacrificial lamb?

I personally haven't seen enough of him, or know enough about him to determine what he will do. But, I imagine as a guy that was waiting in the wings for his "shot", he just might come out as the former of my questions...at least I hope like hell he does!

Just from the limited time we have seen him in, I like the way he doesn't seem like he in a panic mode like the others. Also, to me, he reminds me of the Broncos Cutler (not in performance, of course) but because of the doofus look he has.

I'll take a doofus that can get this offense to score over any suave ladies man that freezes like a doe in headlights at any sign of an approaching linebacker...any time...

I completely agree with this move. I read somewhere how much he studies the game and that he is constantly studying film. He seems to work really hard from what I've seen and heard. We can't do much worse, so I'm happy to see him get a shot.

I don't believe its 100% that Stutz is the starter - last night Glenn said on the call in show that he wouldn't go into it because its part of their game plan but both Sween and Stutz will be getting reps and evaluated and a starter will be named at a later point.

Snowman_55 said:
I don't believe its 100% that Stutz is the starter - last night Glenn said on the call in show that he wouldn't go into it because its part of their game plan but both Sween and Stutz will be getting reps and evaluated and a starter will be named at a later point.

Saw the same in a article this morning. No QB named...just yet.

It doesn't matter who starts the rest of the season...whoever ends the season will be taking a backseat ride to Adam Barry next season..regardless of coach.

dapokes said:
It doesn't matter who starts the rest of the season...whoever ends the season will be taking a backseat ride to Adam Barry next season..regardless of coach.

You can't say that at all! We've heard the same things said about Crum and Sween prior to stepping onto the field. Furthermore, different QBs are successful in different systems (we dont know who the next coach will be, so how could we possibly know the next offensive system). IMO, I think we will go after a coach who is notorious for a true spread offense. In that case, I tend to think Sween would be the more likely starting candidate. Heck, maybe Stutzriem is the real deal and if he gets into shape for next year who knows.

I JUST SAID IT!!

He's the most polished/talented qb on the team..ask ANY player on the team and they will tell you the same thing. Being so close to the team as I am, I'd like to think I know more than you about talent YOU haven't seen.

Latest posts

Back