• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Stutz is gone.

Sad day for Wyoming football, or at least me as he was my favorite player. It made sense for Christensen to get rid of at least one QB, but it sounds like this was Stutz's decision. If he goes to a D2 school, he will be an All-American D2 QB.

OrediggerPoke said:
Sad day for Wyoming football, or at least me as he was my favorite player. It made sense for Christensen to get rid of at least one QB, but it sounds like this was Stutz's decision. If he goes to a D2 school, he will be an All-American D2 QB.

He was one of my favorite players too...until he shot his mouth off saying "If Glenn goes, I go". Well, I guess they both get to "go", be careful what you wish for?

I hate to see Stutzreim go, but with him threatening to leave if Glenn left, we all should have known this was coming. I'm sure he'll be successful somewhere.

"Those comments I made had nothing to do with my decision (to transfer)," he said. "Those comments were made out of emotion at the time.

"I want to thank the Wyoming fans for all their support, and the university for giving me this opportunity."

LINK
http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2009/03/25/sports/20sports_03-25-09.txt

Not to be mean but.......took him long enough....He had no shot at starting in this offense.

We have some bigger problems than Stutz leaving the program folks. I talked to several friends who attended the first spring practice yesterday and they all said things didn't look very good, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Sound familiar? I heard there were a lot of dropped passes and poorly thrown balls. I know it was the first practice, but I was expecting a bit more with all this "7 on 7" work I've been reading about the players doing on their own during the winter. First practice or not, this isn't a good sign as far as I'm concerned. Do we have the horses to run this offense? Only time will tell.

TheRealUW said:
We have some bigger problems than Stutz leaving the program folks. I talked to several friends who attended the first spring practice yesterday and they all said things didn't look very good, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Sound familiar? I heard there were a lot of dropped passes and poorly thrown balls. I know it was the first practice, but I was expecting a bit more with all this "7 on 7" work I've been reading about the players doing on their own during the winter. First practice or not, this isn't a good sign as far as I'm concerned. Do we have the horses to run this offense? Only time will tell.

Do we have the horses to run this offense...not right now. The current players need to step up, and the incoming impact players need to do just that...make an early impact...(and expect some of them to show up in early June in Laramie).

I will save my thoughts & comments though, until April 18th, scrimmage number 2, one week before the spring game on April 25th. By then, we will have a much clearer picture.

TheRealUW said:

No offense (no pun intended), but its a little early to be dooming and glooming in my opinion. Not only was it the first practice of spring but it was the first official practice under DC. I would like to see a good showing by the final spring scrimmage, but even then I won't really get worried unless we still don't look good when the fall scrimmages roll around.

I agree, a bit early to get gloomy. I liked what I heard about how the practices were run; sprinting on and off, more intense, etc. I think things got too relaxed under Glenn and kids lost their focus. And the half-a$$ed effort showed on the field a lot! Just getting the team to play harder ALL the time would have made a major difference last year. HOWEVER, the fact that our receiveres STILL can't catch is worrisome.

I saw a post that stated that the spring game is April 25th. Can someone please tell me what time it is scheduled for, and where I might be able to find that sort of info? Thanks in advance.

Stuck said:
I saw a post that stated that the spring game is April 25th. Can someone please tell me what time it is scheduled for, and where I might be able to find that sort of info? Thanks in advance.

Saturday, April 25, 2:00 p.m. (Spring Game)
Found it on the UW Football website.
http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041609aaa.html

Latest posts

Back