• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Sawful - does he dare?

McPeachy

Well-known member
WyoClub
Does he dare trot out a ineffective and completely lost Hughes against San Joser Friday night? Or does he try to save the season (LMAO) with Sims or Drube? Can't help but think if he trots out Hughes, Sawful knows his time at Wyoming is coming to an end.
 
Yup. We’ve seen this movie too many times. Stubborn coach refuses to make the obvious needed change that has no downside!
I'm not giving Sawvel a pass here, but I bet a lot of Hughes remaining the starter is tied to our new OC.

I often wonder what Taylor was thinking when he decided to leave the Bills to come to UW. Why did he want to join a staff that had shown to be completely incompetent in the previous two years and an offense that had been historically bad for the past decade plus? It seems to me like jumping on the Titanic even though you already see it sinking.

I would not doubt that in order to convince Taylor to come, he was essentially guaranteed the QB of his choice (within reason), and the ability to have full-say over offensive personnel. He probably thought he could "fix it". Little did he know!
 
I'm not giving Sawvel a pass here, but I bet a lot of Hughes remaining the starter is tied to our new OC.

I often wonder what Taylor was thinking when he decided to leave the Bills to come to UW. Why did he want to join a staff that had shown to be completely incompetent in the previous two years and an offense that had been historically bad for the past decade plus? It seems to me like jumping on the Titanic even though you already see it sinking.

I would not doubt that in order to convince Taylor to come, he was essentially guaranteed the QB of his choice (within reason), and the ability to have full-say over offensive personnel. He probably thought he could "fix it". Little did he know!
This. There isn't going to be a change at quarterback until Taylor has given up on his hand picked guy.
 
I'm not giving Sawvel a pass here, but I bet a lot of Hughes remaining the starter is tied to our new OC.

I often wonder what Taylor was thinking when he decided to leave the Bills to come to UW. Why did he want to join a staff that had shown to be completely incompetent in the previous two years and an offense that had been historically bad for the past decade plus? It seems to me like jumping on the Titanic even though you already see it sinking.

I would not doubt that in order to convince Taylor to come, he was essentially guaranteed the QB of his choice (within reason), and the ability to have full-say over offensive personnel. He probably thought he could "fix it". Little did he know!
He probably got a decent pay raise leaving the Bills to being Wyoming OC as well
 
I'm not giving Sawvel a pass here, but I bet a lot of Hughes remaining the starter is tied to our new OC.

I often wonder what Taylor was thinking when he decided to leave the Bills to come to UW. Why did he want to join a staff that had shown to be completely incompetent in the previous two years and an offense that had been historically bad for the past decade plus? It seems to me like jumping on the Titanic even though you already see it sinking.

I would not doubt that in order to convince Taylor to come, he was essentially guaranteed the QB of his choice (within reason), and the ability to have full-say over offensive personnel. He probably thought he could "fix it". Little did he know!

Maybe he needs a little "Mora" and get's a premature hook from his position. Something has to change, 5 of 14 for 52 yards and a pick. What the fuck is going on Wyoming Football?????
 
Question for the group. Do you think Sims or Drube are better QBs or do you think they could provide a spark to the O?

Sims (IMO) is hands down better. Drube frankly as well. Both would provide a welcomed change to the fanbase, sure. And maybe to the team as well. Before they all cash it in, and we don't score another point on offense this season.
 
Sims (IMO) is hands down better. Drube frankly as well. Both would provide a welcomed change to the fanbase, sure. And maybe to the team as well. Before they all cash it in, and we don't score another point on offense this season.
I had stopped watching Wyoming football by the time Drube got his start so I will take your word for it. I liked how Sims played the position though
 
Question for the group. Do you think Sims or Drube are better QBs or do you think they could provide a spark to the O?
To be honest, I don't really know.

I could see a reality in which Hughes really is our best option at QB. It's kind of depressing to think about, but it wouldn't shock me if that were true.

I will say that I heard from decently reliable sources that Sims had outperformed Hughes during fall camp.
 
Hughes was paid to come here, like many schools in the same situation they and we will stick with the guy we are paying the NIL money to, sad and unfortunate but true
 
Sawful would rather go down his way than adjust. Hooray for us.
sawful is in the same boat as his QB, he’s gonna get paid no matter what happens to this season, if he insurts a different QB and he plays better every one can say I told you so and he doesn’t want to face that
 
sawful is in the same boat as his QB, he’s gonna get paid no matter what happens to this season, if he insurts a different QB and he plays better every one can say I told you so and he doesn’t want to face that
Hughes isn’t going to be playing football much longer. I imagine his football career is done after this year.

This is Sawvel’s career. He should be doing everything he can to turn this around.
 
Back
Top