• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

rumors about usc transfer

ELKMT

I heard a rumor Heath has picked up a USC transfer. This might just be a rumor and I havent heard who the transfer is. Has anyone heard anything about this/ verify?

even if he did so what? heath could have Lebron James playing for him and still turn the season into a stinker

Ya your probably right I am not sure if it true I can't find anything on either the official uw site or the usc site.

Good info about Washington here:
http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/washington_leonard00.html

gopokes1399 said:
why post washingtons profile when no one posted a name

NCWyo is correct. Leonard Washington has signed with the Cowboys. With the position the Pokes are in, I think this move is a good one. Washington was a blue chip recruit coming out of high school with offers from USC and LSU. Kentucky took a good look at him as well. Great defender and rebounder with a mean streak. He will add some toughness and intensity to this team. He isn't somebody I would consider a huge scoring threat, but he can get to the rim on occassion. I like this addition a lot. If things work out at UW, I think Washington will be a fan favorite. He is a hard worker and isn't afraid to give the hard foul when its needed. GREAT pick up by the Pokes.

Im not in any way saying its not a great pick up but seriously why the hell would he leave USC for a Wyoming team that lets face it doesnt make high school teams tremble? :popcorn:

TwoTone said:
Im not in any way saying its not a great pick up but seriously why the hell would he leave USC for a Wyoming team that lets face it doesnt make high school teams tremble? :popcorn:

Washington was dismissed from the team by the head coach for a "poor attitude". From the sounds of it, he was planning to transfer at the end of the season anyways. The guy does have some baggage. He missed the first 10 games of last season because he was academically ineligable. He was also the guy that hit Blake Griffin in the nuts during a game. He's a damn good basketeball player though. Let's just hope his attitude has changed some.

I believe usc is sanctioned by the ncaa in both basketball and football for recruiting violations so juniors and seniors are allowed/encouraged to transfer. Therefore he doesn't have to sit out and redshirt a year. I hope uw football grabs a few usc players to.

Sounds like what we need.
Attitude problem.
Academic problem.
And if you look into his background there are legal issues.

But there is a positive. With his tough ass attitude maybe he will kick the crap out of Langley

marcuswyo said:
I believe usc is sanctioned by the ncaa in both basketball and football for recruiting violations so juniors and seniors are allowed/encouraged to transfer. Therefore he doesn't have to sit out and redshirt a year. I hope uw football grabs a few usc players to.

As far as I understand that is only for football. I believe he will have to sit out a year, but I'm not totally sure about that.

Latest posts

Back