• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Rumor Mill: Probably BS, but you never know...

McPeachy

Heard that a group of "boosters" in Greeley are attempting to get Glenn & Company back to run UNC. ASAP.

I really hope this is true for Joe's sake. I think we can all agree that Joe is the nicest guy you could ever want to know, but just may not have what it takes to coach at this level. If UNC is looking to have him back, it is the perfect opportunity for him to ride off into the sunset a winner when that time comes...

Not sure why UNC would turn over their coaching staff. They've actually been competitive this year, opposed to years past. They've hung with the top Big Sky teams, and took it to Purdue for a half. I think it'd take them a step backwards.

I would've loved seeing that Purdue-Northern Colorado game. Met both head coaches years ago in the early 1990s.

MrTitleist said:
Not sure why UNC would turn over their coaching staff. They've actually been competitive this year, opposed to years past. They've hung with the top Big Sky teams, and took it to Purdue for a half. I think it'd take them a step backwards.

Because they are 1 and 6 this year. And were not any better last year. They suck...which is why they would turn over their coaching staff from Scott Downing to Joe Glenn at the speed of light (remember Joe & Staff won National Championships at UNC)!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNC is 1-6 but their losses are close losses, which is considerably improved over last year and the year previous. UNC is probably the 2nd best success story in the Big Sky this year. They have a transfer QB from Florida who is the real deal. Could have given Montana fits last weekend had he not been knocked out before the half. I expect UNC to keep Downing. But I'm sure many remember Glenn's NC there 10 years ago.. last time they were REALLY successful. But they were D2 then.

Latest posts

Back