• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Reality check: We are +20.5 at NDSU

bladerunnr

Well-known member
I know we aren't good on the road. But honestly, it's pretty rare when we are 3 td underdogs in conference. This isn't Boise st., it's North Dakota, for gods sake. Maybe it's a realistic line. After all, we lost by 22 to the sheep. They've given up about 100 points in their last 2 games. But still, I watched NDSU's game with Air Force. Their offense was good and their defense was not. I will be very interested to see how this goes. But I actually expect us to be competitive.
 
NDSU is a fascinating case study. They only moved up in football and doubled their football budget to $16 million annually. Their entire department budget of $35 million roughly $25 million is coming from private dollars. UW is historically a bad road team. NDSU is 72-6 over the past 10 years at home. Their average margin of victory is 24 points. (And no there isn't much difference between UW and an FCS team. Especially in light of UW's performance in the one road game against a hapless Central Michigan powerhouse.) That line seems about right.
 
I was guessing it would be about a 20-point spread. NDSU is a tough team, especially at home. Coming off of a bye week will be beneficial to them, also.
 
That's a laughable line. NDSU's strength of schedule is firmly in the bottom 5 of FBS.
I think Wyo could easily lose by 24+ but we (NDSU) have a weird tendency to let off the gas and just run up the middle when we get a 2 to 3 score lead. So maybe you'll keep it under.
thats not a knock, just facts. I think NDSU will be up by 17 at least by half, and then go full dumbass conservative in second half.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top