• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Quarterback

cheypoke

So, does anyone have any info on the QB situation for this week? I'm assuming that Sween will not be ready to go. If he did get a concussion, than he certainly needs to sit out. But who seems to be getting the reps with the "ones" this week?

They are saying Sween or Stutz will be the starter. Crum is out of the mix at this point. He may as well head back to AZ.

I just heard that about Crum. Barring injuries to everyone else, I don't think we'll see Crum back in there. What a disaster that was.

Sween did not practice today, Adam Berry will suit up this week, but doubtful to play. Sween will likely not be playing this week, so I'd like for Stutzreim or Crum. Berry is suiting up for unknown reasons, but if you see him in the game, it's likely Glenn trying to save his job. Burning his redshirt would be a pretty crippling blow to the program.

Alright heres the lowdown from what I know...

There are 6 levels/categories or a concussion. A level 5 causes Hemotoma(bleeding of the brain). A level 6 results in a Coma. Karsten is dealing with a level 4 concussion right now..he's very fortunate it wasn't a level 5 or 6. He was told that if #51 for TCU had hit him helmet-to-helmet (which was the linebackers intent..he just missed if you look at the film)..it would've been a level 5 or 6. From the number of concussions he has had in college, I hope he chooses whats best for himself and his family someday.. he can't take another hit/concussion or he will suffer the leve 5 or 6..or worse

FYI, Barry is suiting up as the 4th qb since Karsten isn't..

If they burn Barry's redshirt now, Burman needs to march his ass down onto the sideline and fire Glenn on the spot. That would just be ridiculous at this point.

Stutz is getting the start, with Ian & Crum listed as primary back-ups. Sween is listed as probable, and has tenatively been "cleared to play" according to the SID dept. If Glenn & Staff try to burn up Barry's redshirt 8 games into the season, I am going to run out onto the field, before the first snap, steal Barry's helmet and go ballistic on the staff.

McPeachy, great plan, I got your back. Talk about a sure fire way to get booted as HC. The only way Barry sees the field is if all 3 qb's get hurt and can not hand off any more. Even then, I say spread em out, put D-Mo in the shotgun, and let him go to town.

It will be nice to see what next year's QB looks like in uniform / warm-ups, but after that I hope he takes the pads off.

TKoehn said:
McPeachy, great plan, I got your back. Talk about a sure fire way to get booted as HC. The only way Barry sees the field is if all 3 qb's get hurt and can not hand off any more. Even then, I say spread em out, put D-Mo in the shotgun, and let him go to town.

It will be nice to see what next year's QB looks like in uniform / warm-ups, but after that I hope he takes the pads off.

I say put Prosinski in at Qb, because who knows what he could do there and it seems that safety might not be his calling (or at least being a safety in cover 3).

OrediggerPoke said:
I say put Prosinski in at Qb, because who knows what he could do there and it seems that safety might not be his calling (or at least being a safety in cover 3).

Huh? IMO for the most part Prosinski has been a bright spot on defense for the Pokes. Plus just because he was a great HS QB doesn't mean you could line him up there now, especially since he hasn't practiced at the position, certainly doesn't know the offensive playbook, and we kind of need him on defense as it is.

Snowman_55 said:
OrediggerPoke said:

Huh? IMO for the most part Prosinski has been a bright spot on defense for the Pokes. Plus just because he was a great HS QB doesn't mean you could line him up there now, especially since he hasn't practiced at the position, certainly doesn't know the offensive playbook, and we kind of need him on defense as it is.

Snow...I think Ore's post was TIC, but in all reality, if we have no other choice but to burn a redshirt (Berry's)at this point in the season...I say Prosinski is under center asap...if not him, Brandon Stewart then, or maybe even one of the Gipson brothers.

Snowman_55 said:
OrediggerPoke said:

I was partly kidding about putting him at Qb, but definitely him before pulling Berry's RS...and Prosinski was a major weakness against TCU (party coaching partly him but that was his coverage).

Latest posts

Back