• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Our first 8 games-Predictions?

Fullback41

Our first 8 games very well may be the toughest in the country. In fact after our opener, we will play 6 teams in 7 games that received Top 25 votes last year. I think we have the potential to be anyone but will need to be at our best. If we get to 4-4 or better that should mean we have made nice progress and shoudl end up in another bowl game.

Any predictions on what our record will be after 8 games?

I will say an optimistic 5-3, and finish season 8-4 (we slip up once in the last 4 games), then 9-4 after a bowl win.

I am trying to be optimistic, but I think we slip along the way to a team we should beat.

I think we finish 6-6 and are back to the NM Bowl vs Nevada.

First eight games we go 3-5 or 4-4. I am VERY confident in our team...we just have a brutal non-conf schedule to start.

Just my 2 cents:

Southern Utah - W - Good game to shake the rust off.
@ Texas - L - Hopefully the Texas hospitality will carry over to the field.
Boise State - L - A hard-fought battle that will be closer than many would think.
Air Force - W - A toss-up, if we aren't too beat up after UT and BSU we can definately win this one.
@ Toledo - W - TRAP GAME!!! Coming off 3 BIG games, the 'boys are gonna have to be careful here.
@TCU - L - TCU on the road...enough said.
Utah - W - This is my gamble game, should we win? No. Can we win? Hell yeah!
@ BYU - L - As long as I have been waiting for a year to beat BYU we aren't quite there...yet.
SDSU - W - Hopefully not as close as last year's game.
@ New Mexico - W - New Mexico...enough said.
@ UNLV - W - Recent history we've play better at Vegas than in Laramie
CSU - W - Boots going nowhere.

So with that, I actually am seeing a 8-4 season (and a glass half-full). Although the Air Force and Utah games could easily go the other way. I guess I could see the Pokes ending up anywhere from 6-6 to 8-4 with our first back-to-back bowl appearances since '87-'88.

I think the team will be far better against the good teams and will upset one or two of them and then be able to handle the shi-tty teams, I am saying 7-5 and then 8-5

First 8:

Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Win, Loss, Win, Loss.

Last 4:

Win, Win, Loss (TRAP GAME), Win

Finishing 7 - 5, Bowl Bound. Go Pokes!

The three games I will betting are BSU, UU, and AFA hoping to get a good moneyline on all 3 with hopefully a couple victories

Its a very tough schedule I'm hoping for a great season but I can see us being a 4-5 win team. Hopefully we have improved enough to compete with TCU, Texas, and BYU cause we certainly got the shit kicked out of us last year. I say stealing one of those games(including boise) will make or break the season. That being said we finish 9-3 and then 1 more win at a bowl :thumb:

I could say anywhere from 6 to 8 wins! which is great in my opinion. The make or break games for me:
AFA, We always play them tough. And this game is usually low scoring. but i think the Cowboys break out at home this year against the Falcons 22-17.
Utah, We're a team that holds a chip on our shoulder really well. case in point, the UNLV game last year (Remember, the media guy who wrote crappy stuff about Laramie and our program.) The kids took it personal and kicked ACE! Well, if the coaches and players read all that the fans have been saying about Wyoming on their little PAC-10 endeavor then I see us kickking some Ute butt up in the High plains this year and making Utahs taste of Laramie just a little more sour. Besides we weren't supposed to beat them a few years ago at home, but did it with Sween 31-15. Get ready... Cowboys could win this one with attitude 28-24.
Then BYU. Those cocky mormons. They are rebuilding with a new QB and are missing several players on Offense and Defense. They could go anywhere from 6-6 to 8-4 this year and more than likely one of those losses will be the Cowboys surpising the Cougs for the first time in a long time in Provo. Score.. could be 27-20.
But I see 8 wins if we beat all these teams.

Realistically 7-5, optimistically 8-4 (w/ AF being the swing game). Rough start to the season, but finishing well.

Southern Utah - W
@ Texas - L
Boise State - L
Air Force -L (toss-up)
@ Toledo - W
@TCU - L
Utah - W
@ BYU - L
SDSU - W
@ New Mexico - W
@ UNLV - W
CSU - W

Pretty optimistic predictions here ;) I can't get that optimistic until I see some actual results on the field that say we can compete with the elite teams on our schedule.

Without seeing that improvement yet on the field, its tough to see us being better than 3-5 in our first 8. Could we be better? Yes most certainly, but I want to see it first.

If we come out of that stretch 4-4 its a huge victory in my book.

3-5 after 8 (SU, Toledo, AFA). Then 3-1 = 6-6, deduced by what everybody is using: the Method of Posterior Extraction.

AFA, Toledo, and UNLV are going to make or break us this season. Those are games we should win, but could really go either way. Just like last year, I worried about UW playing on the road vs. FAU, and we won a close game. I expect something similar vs. Toledo. Those are the three games that will decide if we go to a bowl, or we stay home.

Wow, a lot of very optimistic predictions here...overly optimistic if you ask me. I hate to say it, but I see us at 2-6 after the first 8 games. I think we beat Southern Utah and we knock off either Air Force or Toledo, but not both in back to back weeks. That means we will need to win our last 4 games to become bowl eligible which I believe are all games we can win. 6-6 this season is an approvement over last year even though it's the exact same record. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on 5-7 this season, but 6-6 is definitely possible, and I would be very happy if that were the result.

Remember, we were damn close to being a 2 win team last year. Our offense was ranked 109th in the nation and our defense was only 81st. We are gaining more team speed, but any expectations greater than 6-6 is almost laughable to me.

I love it when our fans look at the glass half empty...to each his own. While we were close to being a 2 win team, we were also close to winning a couple more. All this while starting the most true freshman of any team in the FBS. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I saw progression during the season, especially from our true freshman QB ACS. If anyone thinks he wasn't a much improved QB from his first start at FAU to the New Mexico Bowl wasn't watching.

I'd go with 7-5 or 8-4, but wouldn't be suprised to see us finish one game off in either direction. I like what DC is building and am on board. This ship is only getting better.

Go Pokes!!

JimmyDimes said:
I love it when our fans look at the glass half empty...to each his own. While we were close to being a 2 win team, we were also close to winning a couple more. All this while starting the most true freshman of any team in the FBS. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I saw progression during the season, especially from our true freshman QB ACS. If anyone thinks he wasn't a much improved QB from his first start at FAU to the New Mexico Bowl wasn't watching.

I'd go with 7-5 or 8-4, but wouldn't be suprised to see us finish one game off in either direction. I like what DC is building and am on board. This ship is only getting better.

Go Pokes!!

Completely agree

Latest posts

Back