• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

OT: An interesting tidbit I learned recently

fromolwyoming

The treen in the rock that grows by Buford? Turns out that people who worked on the railroad in the area and about 100 years ago or so, would, by tradition (and this was when the railroad was much closer to it), the railroaders would take a bucket of water and water the tree to help it grow, and one of my great-great-great uncles was one of those too. Turns out, my family has lived in South Eastern Wyoming since at least the early 1900s (mainly in Pine Bluffs, and the house they lived in is still standing).

fromolwyoming said:
The treen in the rock that grows by Buford? Turns out that people who worked on the railroad in the area and about 100 years ago or so, would, by tradition (and this was when the railroad was much closer to it), the railroaders would take a bucket of water and water the tree to help it grow, and one of my great-great-great uncles was one of those too. Turns out, my family has lived in South Eastern Wyoming since at least the early 1900s (mainly in Pine Bluffs, and the house they lived in is still standing).
What's the address of that house? I could probably tell you who lives in it now.

WYO1016 said:
fromolwyoming said:
What's the address of that house? I could probably tell you who lives in it now.
No idea, but it is on another property (grandmother knows who owns it now I believe) now a few miles out of town. A little stone grey house that has stood at least for 100 years.

Latest posts

Back