• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Nice win Pokes!

SpringsPoke

Reading the board it is difficult to tell they won. I found a congrats at the bottom of a thread hammering on Schroyer (what a surprise). Hmmm... 9-20 from the land of 3. They shot the 3 ball well agains the Rams as well. If this team rebounds and finds any consistently, it will be a good team. Do I think this is a top four team in the Conference (nope). However, they did win tonight and I want to personally congratulate the Pokes on a big win. We expected them to be 1-1 this week and they were. We will win 2 against AFA, the Rams in Ft. Collins, at least 1 against the Utes, and at least 1 against TCU. I believe we will win 2 more games other then this as well. That would put us 8 - 8 in conference. Given that this team is full of Freshman and Sophomores, our future could be very bright.

I said it before and I'll say it again - Congrats to the Pokes, this was a well coached and well played game. We got better and gained confidence as the game went on. I think this team turned the corner with this win. There are going to be nights we'll have trouble hitting the threes, but little by little we'll figure out ways to make up for that. Schroyer is a coach with more basketball smarts than alot of people give him credit for - I think he has trouble getting his players to buy in sometimes. CSU & SDSU games - night and day different - kind of like the CU & Fresno St. games in football.

I'm just glad I stayed for the whole game. I was really tempted to leave at 75-61. But I have to give the guys credit. They never quit. A pretty amazing performance really. Hopefully, it will bring a few more fans back as that was one of the most exciting games I've seen in the AA in quite a while.

Looking at the stats, we only had 9 turnovers. No one on the team had more than 2. SDS had 19. Muojeke had his best game this year, imo. He took it to the hole and not only made shots, but was 10-10 from the line as well. 30 Points in 31 minutes is quite a line.

Rebounding is still our bugaboo. We were outrebounded 37-24. Pretty hard to win on the road if we get out rebounded like that. I watched Waddell a lot during the game. When a shot goes up, he just stands there. He doesn't try to get position or anticipate where the shot will come off. He should be getting 7 or 8 boards a game. Last night he had 4. Luster had 3. Oh well, it was a great win and hopefully it will propel the guys to better things.

bladerunnr said:
I'm just glad I stayed for the whole game. I was really tempted to leave at 75-61. But I have to give the guys credit. They never quit. A pretty amazing performance really. Hopefully, it will bring a few more fans back as that was one of the most exciting games I've seen in the AA in quite a while.

Looking at the stats, we only had 9 turnovers. No one on the team had more than 2. SDS had 19. Muojeke had his best game this year, imo. He took it to the hole and not only made shots, but was 10-10 from the line as well. 30 Points in 31 minutes is quite a line.

Rebounding is still our bugaboo. We were outrebounded 37-24. Pretty hard to win on the road if we get out rebounded like that. I watched Waddell a lot during the game. When a shot goes up, he just stands there. He doesn't try to get position or anticipate where the shot will come off. He should be getting 7 or 8 boards a game. Last night he had 4. Luster had 3. Oh well, it was a great win and hopefully it will propel the guys to better things.

Definitely one of Afam's better games. Such a smooth scorer in so many ways.

Rebounding is a problem, but it should be pointed out that SDSU is a very good rebounding team. With guys like Thomas and Leonard they are a terror on the glass.

Bouedo has been a huge, pleasant surprise. Against CSU he was one of our best players (not saying much in that game, but still, not bad for his first D1 game) and he had a positive impact yesterday as well.

If Bouedo and Luster can continue to hit the perimeter shot it will really make a positive impact on the productivity in the half court. For most of the season, Afam was the only legitimate threat from beyond the arc (although Derm can hit them, but he is streaky).

Huge credit to the heart showed by the players. They were down big, there had been a lot of turmoil, lineup changes, and obviously the fan support is not as good as these guys deserve, but they fought through it and got the W.

Latest posts

Back