• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

New MWC is horrible

Yup. Utep is real bad
I may end up doing a bucket list game in El Paso just to see the venue for the Sun Bowl in person.

A three year run to 9-19 as of the last game of September 2026 isn’t the most arousing but if there is any chance a win at UTEP gets the program to 5+ wins on the 2026 season I could get more motivated.
 
The FudgePac8 is a bit "better" top to bottom than nMWC, but not by much, and there is not much of a gap, let's be realistic. This isn't like the SEC vs. CUSA FFS. I cringe when I read Wyoming fans acting like the sky is falling because of the split and how superior the FudgePac8 is. It doesn't matter, everything will continue to change and evolve, and look completely different in the next 5 - 6 years. Meh.
Isn’t it funny that we rate who’s better by who has the worst, worst team in their perspective league?🤣
 
This might be a weird thing to be looking at but has anyone seen how conference expansion is worded in the protect college football act? There’s a section in there about conferences can’t be more than 20 teams and any movement requires a team to be independent for 3 years before they can move. I don’t know if that’s only for P4 movement or all conferences- admittedly I haven’t read it carefully but have heard it discussed on College Sports Network. That clause expires in 2031, which correlates with the media deals, mostly the ACC one. So if it actually passes, are we all just where we are with no expansion? Are FCS schools not going to be making a move up? Is the mighty pac stuck with a small conference and limited out of conference games? Just made me wonder as I was listening this morning what all of it means for the G6. I think the MWC is in decent shape, but some of our former partners might be a little concerned with their decision to gamble on their move. Just kind of solidifies if a merger would have happened along with adding NDSU, we could have been a pretty damn good league out west.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top