• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Is it too late

WYCowboy

to instill some discipline into the football program? To me, that is what it looks like we are missing. Six turnovers and 100+ yards of penaltys cry out a lack of discipline (but not Cockhole's sarcastic type of discipline). When a player gets to D1A college football, it's not all about fun and games. Here is a link to a Laramie Boomerang article where Glenn gives an ultamatim:

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/articles/2008/09/24/sports/doc48d9b9212211e876659719.txt

Is it too late? The short answer, in my opinion, is yes. The long answer is also yes.

These kinds of problems are the ones that are supposed to be worked out in the pre-season camp. During the season the workouts are to tweak and adjust for the next opponent. During the actual game you don't "think" your way through a play, you go on "instinct" acquired through the experiences of pre-season (otherwise things happen too slowly)

I may be offbase here, but when you have the talent to become a D1A player...doesn't the coaching staff have the right to assume that you should be pretty damn solid in the fundamentals of football. (i.e. Catching the ball, Holding onto the ball, Knowing the snapcount,...) I'm not saying it's all the players fault for what's happening on the field, the coaches need to quit playing nice guys and run the hell out the guys that can't catch or hold onto the ball. If they can't get this caliber of football player to focus, then it all falls squarely on the coaching staffs shoulders...

At the radio call-in show last night, Glenn said that everyone is going to be on a short leash. Qb's that make the wrong read and throw a pick will sit, sam goes for the WR's and RB's that put the ball on the ground. It sounds like they have had enough of the turnovers and even if it means benching the guys with talent for part of the game they aren't going to deal with losing the turnover battle anymore. Will it be enough? I'm not sure, but I definitely have seen glimpse's of an offense at times. In fact our rushing stats are decent, and between the 30 yard lines we seem to move the ball effectively at times, but mistakes have been deadly. We definitely need a break out game on offense, put some points on the board and get the team, coaches, and fans fired up about the rest of the season!

GO POKES!!!

Too bad it is six years too late. Turnovers have been a problen since Glenn arrived. Now he is in jeopardy of losing his job, so he decides to do something about it?

"Take care of the football and hang on to it or else we will try the next guy."

Can we say the same general thing for the Coach? Take care of this football team and win, or we will try the next coach.

nirv117 said:
"Take care of the football and hang on to it or else we will try the next guy."

Can we say the same general thing for the Coach? Take care of this football team and win, or we will try the next coach.

That's my feeling about things. At one time, we were good. Very good! Now we're punchline! :roll:

Latest posts

Back