• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

If you could choose...

PokePride.com

Just dreaming here but if you had an open checkbook and could hire any coach in the world to coach Cowboy football who would you hire?

I will ask the same question on the Bball side.

Nick Saban... not even close. He has so many connections in the college coaching world he can put one amazing staff around him.

I like Saban & Meyer......but I'd pick P-A-T-E-R-N-O. He knows how to build a program that will last. In my opinion (which doesn't mean much), without a doubt - he's the best. :-D

AlphaPoke said:
I like Saban & Meyer......but I'd pick P-A-T-E-R-N-O. He knows how to build a program that will last. In my opinion (which doesn't mean much), without a doubt - he's the best. :-D
Yeah, it's lasted because he's been there since the dinosaurs roamed the earth.

McPeachy said:
wyosteelerfan said:
Bill Cowher FTW!!!

BC is EXACTLY who I was thinking as well!

BTW, I hope Rapingburger goes down hard Sunday. :evil:

I love Cowher wish he would have become head coach of my Redskins but I am not sure he is right for the college game. If I had to choose I would have to go with:

Modern Coach: Chris Petersen

Old Coach: Maybe Lou Holtz really there are to many to choose just one.

PokePride.com said:
McPeachy said:
wyosteelerfan said:
Bill Cowher FTW!!!

I love Cowher wish he would have become head coach of my Redskins but I am not sure he is right for the college game. If I had to choose I would have to go with:

Modern Coach: Chris Petersen

Old Coach: Maybe Lou Holtz really there are to many to choose just one.

he is right to get five star recruits beating down the door at rochelle...

McPeachy said:
wyosteelerfan said:
Bill Cowher FTW!!!

not happenin

it's the stairway to SEVEN!!

so you can run and tell THAT, homeboy!

Urban Meyer would bring some street cred, but he's got a gimp heart. Mike Leach would get some people around Laramie excited. Brady Hoke would be a fine candidate, as well as Brian Kelly.

I wish for a young Lloyd Eaton. A man dedicated to all things Wyoming. Talk about a hard nosed coach too. Plus, he would probably get us back to credibility again.

For real: I would dream of one of three Frank Beamer VT, or Chris Ault Nev, or Gary Patterson TCU. Beamer is a real deal coach. it took him about six year for consistent wins to start to show. Good thing they kept him around. I think by the end of his career you will see his name with the greats, like Joe PA, and Bobby Bowden.
Chris Ault's Pistol Off. is amazing. I'm in love with that O and run it everywhere I go. To bad he is completely dedicated to The Wolfpack.
Gary Patterson has shown what he can do with a program. Need I say more. That would be my wishlist.

kansasCowboy said:
I wish for a young Lloyd Eaton. A man dedicated to all things Wyoming. Talk about a hard nosed coach too. Plus, he would probably get us back to credibility again.
Lloyd Eaton, minus the whole Black 14 thing. Otherwise, damn straight. Always had top defenses, though, put Roach or Tiller as OC, and I'd be good with that.

Nick Saban. In my opinion he is the best college coach out there, and I would want nothing but the best for my Pokes. Only concern with him is dedication to the school. I would rather have a good coach that builds a successful long term program than one that does great things for a short period then leaves.

Wyoming needs to develop young coaches with an affinity for UW to get that long term success going. Calhoun at AFA is a great example, how many college coaches making his salary would turn down head coach of the Broncos and that Pro coaches salary? He is committed to that school and it shows.....watch, he will take another job tomorrow now that I put that out there.

PokePride.com said:
bladerunnr said:
The ol ball coach a.k.a. Steve Spurrier.

I saw here tear my Redskins apart in the NFL, I would not want him to coach my sons pee wee team...

He took Duke from the cellar to an Acc championship and then took Florida to their first SEC championship in 60 years but he isn't qualified to coach your kid's team? BTW, how are your redskins doing since he left?

You're a moron....

Spurrier isn't an NFL coach.. much like Saban and Petrino weren't either. Some guys are meant for college, some are meant for Pro. Spurrier was doomed to fail in Washington.. plus with an owner like Dan Snyder his rope was even shorter. But Spurrier made a lot of money as an NFL coach, and now he has South Carolina as a respectable program.

Latest posts

Back