• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

If its not broke, dont' fix it.

theman

It's a little too early to completely say " I told you so". But after one game it sure does look like I can see the future. My predictions of "Offense Better, Defense Worse" and "More turnovers" and "we are gonna give up big running yards "; well one could think I am the next Nostradomus. The one thing I didnt' see coming was the fact that we couldn't run the ball.. Something like 36 yards on 25 carries? ouch.
Like I said before game.. The 3-4 Defense was working great for Wyoming, Why try to fix it if its not broken? We lose Fletcher, Unrein, and Givens. Trying to replace those 3 Dlineman is hard enough, so what do we do? We switch to a 4-3 Defense so now we have to replace the 3 dlineman we lost PLUS add another. I don't like this move. I'd rather play with 2 dlineman and 5 linebackers if you could. Like I said its easier for Wyoming to find difference makers at linebacker than Lineman. I'm not sure how well our linebackers are transitioning to being moved to play Defensive end. Again, its just the first game, but damn. SUU?

theman said:
It's a little too early to completely say " I told you so". But after one game it sure does look like I can see the future. My predictions of "Offense Better, Defense Worse" and "More turnovers" and "we are gonna give up big running yards "; well one could think I am the next Nostradomus. The one thing I didnt' see coming was the fact that we couldn't run the ball.. Something like 36 yards on 25 carries? ouch.
Like I said before game.. The 3-4 Defense was working great for Wyoming, Why try to fix it if its not broken? We lose Fletcher, Unrein, and Givens. Trying to replace those 3 Dlineman is hard enough, so what do we do? We switch to a 4-3 Defense so now we have to replace the 3 dlineman we lost PLUS add another. I don't like this move. I'd rather play with 2 dlineman and 5 linebackers if you could. Like I said its easier for Wyoming to find difference makers at linebacker than Lineman. I'm not sure how well our linebackers are transitioning to being moved to play Defensive end. Again, its just the first game, but damn. SUU?
The 3-4 though, requires the linemen to be basically giants, especially at center. Otherwise it does us even less good then bad. And what we actually need, is some big boys in the center, run stoppers, because Biezuns and Knapton actually did pretty well as DEs.

Latest posts

Back