• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Hey Pokes! Thoughts on parking???

bevoinwyo

Since I was a high school kid, one of my best buddies always told me of the beauty that is Wyoming. He and his dad took a fly fishing trip every year, and he told me that I had to go with them one time. I told him I would, and had every intention of heading to Wyoming with him to go fishing. Unfortunately, the Lord had other plans, and he was killed in 2006 in Iraq.

I could think of no better way to honor him than to come up for this game and carry out my promise to visit your state, so needless to say, I'm pumped to get there!

I'm staying at a bed & breakfast in town and was wondering the best plan for parking! Thanks, and I look forward to a fun game.

bevoinwyo, I will be thinking of you and your friend during the National Anthem before this game. The best parking idea I can give you is "leave and go park early". There are some spots to park over by the tennis courts which are NE of the stadium about 1 or 2 blocks, but you will have to be early.

Thanks for the thoughts WYCowboy! He was an awesome guy who ran track for Westpoint and loved college football.

I will plan on heading over to the stadium early. Thanks again for the tip

Are these the parking areas? Any others? And I'm assuming #2 is for the season ticket holders and boosters, right?

warmemorialstadium.jpg

That is an old photo, #3 is completely developed now with Motels, Restaurants, etc. #2 is season parking for Cowboy Joe Members. Your best bet is to park on the street and probably walk several blocks, it will give you a chance to appreciate the altitude. ;) I saw this online this morning....

Game day notes

Additional free parking will be available north of the Laramie softball complex off 22nd Street and Harney.

As with every home game, free parking also is available one block east of the stadium on Willett Drive near the Louis S. Madrid Sports Complex.

The game is sold out, and no scalping of tickets is allowed on UW property.

spot 4 that you have circled is parking for the students in the dorms. you can look for a spot in there, but good luck

Fullback41 said:
Your best bet is to park on the street and probably walk several blocks, it will give you a chance to appreciate the altitude. ;)

I'm not worried about the altitude. I live in Montana now at 2400 ft elevation. ;)

Fullback41 said:
Additional free parking will be available north of the Laramie softball complex off 22nd Street and Harney.

Is this section #1 that I have marked, or is it further NE....north of the 4-plex ball fields?

Burt said:
Fullback41 said:
Your best bet is to park on the street and probably walk several blocks, it will give you a chance to appreciate the altitude. ;)

I'm not worried about the altitude. I live in Montana now at 2400 ft elevation. ;)

Fullback41 said:

Is this section #1 that I have marked, or is it further NE....north of the 4-plex ball fields?

That 22nd St. that runs N & S has free parking along both sides of the street starting north of E. Willett Dr., but it will fill up early. The fields on the west side of 22nd St. (NE of the stadium) are pay parking, but the lot on the south end (Brown Parking Lot) of these is for boosters only. The area north of E. Willett Dr. east of the stadium and #3 on your map that is marked University of Wyoming is also free parking.

On a big day like this, it could take up to half an hour to park. </sarcasm>

You'll get parked in plenty of time, you'll get to the stadium with no problem. Here's what you need to worry about: the fans in our stadium are not used to big sellouts, and will still show up to get into the game 15 minutes before it starts. Huge lines will ensue. The ticket guys won't know what to do with themselves, and the lines will stay long for a while, so you won't get to your seat until 5 mins. left in the first quarter. So, enter the stadium early.

LostPoke has it about right.

Honestly, I've always thought your best bet is to park on the street in the student apartments. That would be Land, Coe, Nelson, Crane, Kendrick, or Hill streets. And based on our experience last weekend, no one's living in the apartments on Hill or Kendrick (preparation for major renovations), and parking was plentiful there. Again, you'll want to get there early, but it's free, and a short walk to the stadium.

Oh, but don't park in the gravel lots behind the apartments. Some of the residents get pretty pissy about that, since that is their only "guaranteed" parking. Most of them understand that game days are an exception, but I've seen tickets and towing take place (several years ago).

Good luck!

Tell your buddy's family thank you for me. I take every opportunity to let soldiers and their families know that they are appreciated, and that their sacrifices are the reason we can live like we do.

God bless you and yours, bevoinwyo, and enjoy the game.

Coming from Cheyene: come a little early. Park right across or on same side of street that the Toyota dealership is on. Slightly long walk, but you can get back on I-80 real fast after the game.

Parking was a breeze. The inept cops directing traffic after the game, however, not so much.

Latest posts

Back