• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Has Wyo ever been the beneficiary of a bad call?

COS Cowboy

Well-known member
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but i can recall many times when we get screwed by a bad call or non-call, today @BYU and @AFA in '07, are foremost in my mind, but I can't remember a time when our opponent did.
Anybody recall one? Have we ever gotten away with one vs. BYU?
 
COS Cowboy said:
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but i can recall many times when we get screwed by a bad call or non-call, today @BYU and @AFA in '07, are foremost in my mind, but I can't remember a time when our opponent did.
Anybody recall one? Have we ever gotten away with one vs. BYU?
If we have, it hasn't been in years.
 
No. Fuck the Mountain West Officials. I hate them with a passion. Did anyone else think the head ref today just looked like a guy from BYU?
 
TwoTone said:
No. f##k the Mountain West Officials. I hate them with a passion. Did anyone else think the head ref today just looked like a guy from BYU?
So that's where Harvey Unga ended up!
 
We beat ourselves in the first half, but the officials were going to make sure it stayed that way at the end. After this BB season, I hope we never ever set foot in Provostan again.
 
How come neither the Casper Star or Laramie Boomerang pointed out the horrible officiating? How are the officials or the MWC going to be accountable if the media doesn't say anything? I heard that Dave & Kevin were pissed but didn't hear what they said b/c I was at the game.

Seriously I saw the replay of the final 3rd Down play and Leonard was getting manhandled and it was P.I.

Plus the two penalties that they announced then took back what is that crap? Usually the officials meet before the announcement is made if they are going to wave off a penalty. The one that they should have called P.I. on BYU was P.I. the guy had his arm wrapped around the back of our receiver and was pulling. I could see it clearly from my north end zone seat in the crappy L.E.S.
 
thirtyseven said:
How come neither the Casper Star or Laramie Boomerang pointed out the horrible officiating? How are the officials or the MWC going to be accountable if the media doesn't say anything? I heard that Dave & Kevin were pissed but didn't hear what they said b/c I was at the game.

Seriously I saw the replay of the final 3rd Down play and Leonard was getting manhandled and it was P.I.

Plus the two penalties that they announced then took back what is that crap? Usually the officials meet before the announcement is made if they are going to wave off a penalty. The one that they should have called P.I. on BYU was P.I. the guy had his arm wrapped around the back of our receiver and was pulling. I could see it clearly from my north end zone seat in the crappy L.E.S.
They showed it on the replay after the play and the announcers were wondering why it wasn't called.
 
COS Cowboy said:
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but i can recall many times when we get screwed by a bad call or non-call, today @BYU and @AFA in '07, are foremost in my mind, but I can't remember a time when our opponent did.
Anybody recall one? Have we ever gotten away with one vs. BYU?

Nope, they never have. All the officials in the NCAA have a standing order to screw over the cowboys at all cost. In fact, there's a rule, Rule 16b second paragraph warning officials if they ever give Wyoming the benefit of a call that official will be immediately taken out and flogged.

The Personal Foul call on ACS for the phantom late hit might have benefited you. It was a very good acting job, for which I don't blame him because that's what players sometimes has to do to get the call but I'm sure no one from the brown and gold saw it that way. If a call goes in favor of the pokes it's not a bad call, if it goes in favor of the opponent it's a terrible call which makes it impossible for a Wyoming Cowboy to ever benefit from a bad call. Go figure.
 
Bloodhound said:
COS Cowboy said:
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but i can recall many times when we get screwed by a bad call or non-call, today @BYU and @AFA in '07, are foremost in my mind, but I can't remember a time when our opponent did.
Anybody recall one? Have we ever gotten away with one vs. BYU?

Nope, they never have. All the officials in the NCAA have a standing order to screw over the cowboys at all cost. In fact, there's a rule, Rule 16b second paragraph warning officials if they ever give Wyoming the benefit of a call that official will be immediately taken out and flogged.

The Personal Foul call on ACS for the phantom late hit might have benefited you. It was a very good acting job, for which I don't blame him because that's what players sometimes has to do to get the call but I'm sure no one from the brown and gold saw it that way. If a call goes in favor of the pokes it's not a bad call, if it goes in favor of the opponent it's a terrible call which makes it impossible for a Wyoming Cowboy to ever benefit from a bad call. Go figure.

Dude, the guy gave ACS a shove a yard out of bounds with both hands. Acting job or not, that's a late hit and a good call. Even the the pro BYU announcers didn't have a problem with it. Show me one that was really undeserved? In any game?
 
COS Cowboy said:
Bloodhound said:
COS Cowboy said:
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but i can recall many times when we get screwed by a bad call or non-call, today @BYU and @AFA in '07, are foremost in my mind, but I can't remember a time when our opponent did.
Anybody recall one? Have we ever gotten away with one vs. BYU?

Nope, they never have. All the officials in the NCAA have a standing order to screw over the cowboys at all cost. In fact, there's a rule, Rule 16b second paragraph warning officials if they ever give Wyoming the benefit of a call that official will be immediately taken out and flogged.

The Personal Foul call on ACS for the phantom late hit might have benefited you. It was a very good acting job, for which I don't blame him because that's what players sometimes has to do to get the call but I'm sure no one from the brown and gold saw it that way. If a call goes in favor of the pokes it's not a bad call, if it goes in favor of the opponent it's a terrible call which makes it impossible for a Wyoming Cowboy to ever benefit from a bad call. Go figure.

Dude, the guy gave ACS a shove a yard out of bounds with both hands. Acting job or not, that's a late hit and a good call. Even the the pro BYU announcers didn't have a problem with it. Show me one that was really undeserved? In any game?

The "Pro" BYU announcers made reference several times of a good acting job by ACS. Like I said, it was a smart play by him to get the call. Both he and the defender were already committed in their motion and the only way the defender could have avoided that terrible, bonecrushing collision was to somehow suspend the rules of physics for that instant. I'm just glad there wasn't some endangered insect on ACS's jersey in that train wreck because it might have gotten bruised.

I feel really bad for the pokes, never once in the recent history have they ever been the beneficiary of a poor call. I wonder why it is that in every sport and in every game in those sports not one bad call has ever gone Wyo's way...it's got to be a record of some kind. I thought that the Lobos were the most picked on team in all of sportdom but you've really set me straight on that. It's definitely the Cowboys that all the refs of every sport have a vendetta against. That's too bad and I think after the investigators prove that the Loch Ness monster truly exists they should immediately be put on this trail because something seriously needs to be done to find out why all the officials in the world refuse to ever make a mistake in favor of the Pokes....it's darn heartbreaking, that's what it is. :cry:
 
WYCowboy said:
and any call against the cougars is always wrong!! bywho gives a degree for whining to the officials. :o

I don't think I've ever heard a whole group of BYU fans say that we've 'never' been the beneficiary of a bad call and I agree with you that we have a whole load of whiners but not to the extent that I've been reading here. You guys are acting like the biggest nursery in the NCAA with the pouting and whining that no body will ever give you a break. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
 
Bloodhound said:
WYCowboy said:
and any call against the cougars is always wrong!! bywho gives a degree for whining to the officials. :o

I don't think I've ever heard a whole group of BYU fans say that we've 'never' been the beneficiary of a bad call and I agree with you that we have a whole load of whiners but not to the extent that I've been reading here. You guys are acting like the biggest nursery in the NCAA with the pouting and whining that no body will ever give you a break. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I would sure hope BYU fans don't think they are never the beneficuary of a bad call since it seems to happen every week.

For the record, I never said never, I just can't remember the last time it happened. I can sure remember the last time we got royally screwed though. How about you Bloodhound? When was the last time BYU got screwed and Wyo got away with one? (besides the made up hit out of bounds call that only BYU apologists think was a bad call?)
 
Bloodhound said:
WYCowboy said:
and any call against the cougars is always wrong!! bywho gives a degree for whining to the officials. :o

I don't think I've ever heard a whole group of BYU fans say that we've 'never' been the beneficiary of a bad call and I agree with you that we have a whole load of whiners but not to the extent that I've been reading here. You guys are acting like the biggest nursery in the NCAA with the pouting and whining that no body will ever give you a break. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I don't think we were hosed nearly as bad as SDSU, they're the ones with legitimate beef, especially after the missed block in the back that made them lose to Mizzou as well.

The missed PI should've been called, but it's no guarantee that we would've won even if we had got the call, and quite frankly, we just beat ourselves. BYU only needed to hang on.
 
Asmodeanreborn said:
Bloodhound said:
WYCowboy said:
and any call against the cougars is always wrong!! bywho gives a degree for whining to the officials. :o

I don't think I've ever heard a whole group of BYU fans say that we've 'never' been the beneficiary of a bad call and I agree with you that we have a whole load of whiners but not to the extent that I've been reading here. You guys are acting like the biggest nursery in the NCAA with the pouting and whining that no body will ever give you a break. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I don't think we were hosed nearly as bad as SDSU, they're the ones with legitimate beef, especially after the missed block in the back that made them lose to Mizzou as well.

The missed PI should've been called, but it's no guarantee that we would've won even if we had got the call, and quite frankly, we just beat ourselves. BYU only needed to hang on.

We definitely beat ourselves but that no PI ended the game and it was an awful call something that seems to be very common in Provo not just against Wyo but against any teams from anywhere. If it's wasn't for bad replays and bad officiating BYU would be 0-4/1-5? I mean let's be serious the only 2 mwc games they won were both due to questionable calls.
 
At least one of my teams has benefited from a bad call....the pittsburgh steelers. Wow, Miami got hosed. Steelers did deserve to win the game, but good grief.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top