• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Fresno Bee

Another great article from a Fresno Columnist

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/196/story/1213612.html

haha.. that writer is a toad. He got one thing right:

On the other side, however, Wyoming hasn't enjoyed bowl status since 2004 and the Cowboys -- not to mention their party-crazy fans -- will be seriously fired up.

It's writers like him, and his attitude, that made Fresno into the steaming pile of crap they are today. Their attitude and demeanor in the 4th quarter pretty much summed it up.. they looked like they had lost all hope in that 4th quarter. That was a team beaten down and pissed off because they had to be there playing "another mediocre MWC team." 2nd year in a row, the MWC bloodied their nose and they gave up. UCLA did the same thing when the Pokes kicked their teeth in back in 2004. Pat Hill's "we'll play anywhere, anyone, anytime" attitude is great, but if you can't get your troops fired up to play on ESPN in a bowl game, maybe you should shove your attitude and focus on winning football games, not how much you're respected in the world of college football. Looks pretty bad when you can't get the troops fired up in the 4th quarter of a football game that you're leading. The Pokes didn't quit and believed they would win.. Hill's Bulldogs stood on the sidelines with their jaw gaping wide open.

Seriously, this writer is a toad and made me rant. F him.

MrTitleist said:

On the other side, however, Wyoming hasn't enjoyed bowl status since 2004 and the Cowboys -- not to mention their party-crazy fans -- will be seriously fired up.

It's writers like him, and his attitude, that made Fresno into the steaming pile of crap they are today. Their attitude and demeanor in the 4th quarter pretty much summed it up.. they looked like they had lost all hope in that 4th quarter. That was a team beaten down and pissed off because they had to be there playing "another mediocre MWC team." 2nd year in a row, the MWC bloodied their nose and they gave up. UCLA did the same thing when the Pokes kicked their teeth in back in 2004. Pat Hill's "we'll play anywhere, anyone, anytime" attitude is great, but if you can't get your troops fired up to play on ESPN in a bowl game, maybe you should shove your attitude and focus on winning football games, not how much you're respected in the world of college football. Looks pretty bad when you can't get the troops fired up in the 4th quarter of a football game that you're leading. The Pokes didn't quit and believed they would win.. Hill's Bulldogs stood on the sidelines with their jaw gaping wide open.

F him royally. The guy is a jackass.

Steve,

Thank you for that great article, I ask you one thing, try and find an article from wyoming that bad mouths FSU. Won't happen, but your reluctant ass can diss a team "THAT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THERE. THE WORST TEAM OF THE 68 TO BE IN A BOWL." If you want you can talk to guy a from Los Angeles that wrote a similar article in 2004 and put his tail between his legs as Wyoming beat UCLA with a late comeback. I love columnists like you because they motivate our team. I hope for the best for FSU, but don't judge a team because of stats, heart wins games. You didn't watch one of Wyomings games all year, oh wait, until today.

Thank You for the motivation, I hope watching the game on the tele was fun! Have some class, I wish I could get paid to be an asshole.

WYO FAN

David...

Don't worry about it. You're doing a great job of being an asshole for free.

I NEVER "dissed" Wyoming. I wrote absolutely true facts about the team and its record, and that the matchup would make it hard to sell tickets. I pointed out that the New Mexico Bowl was uninspiring to Fresno State fans -- which it was. And exciting for Wyoming fans, because it's been awhile since the team has been to a bowl.

Were those things NOT true?

I even said that Wyoming very well might go on to win the game -- which they did, and deservedly so.

On top of everything else -- all the rude, foul-language abuse I've received from Wyoming fans -- I was kind of rooting for Wyoming today, because I went to Bellarmine Prep in San Jose, I'm very proud of the school and drove up to see Austyn Carta-Samuels play for MY team three times last year.

You know what?

I've written about and covered various teams -- college and pro -- for almost 40 years, and Wyoming's supporters consistently have been the most vicious, crude, drunken, foul-mouthed bunch I've ever encountered.

So reaction to a fairly straightforward point about the difficulty of selling tickets didn't surprise me. Hell, I hard my car "keyed" at a basketball game in Laramie because I was covering BYU and drove up with Utah plates on the car. When I worked in Albuquerque, I covered a New Mexico-Wyoming football game in Laramie and four of us -- two reporters and two radio guys -- got hit with pool cues and heaven knows what else for the crime of trying to get a beer in some saloon. One of the radio gentlemen had a jacket indentifying the station as being from Albuquerque, so we were assaulted.

I know this: I don't give a damn whether Wyoming wins every football game or loses every one. Either way, I'll never set foot in the town or the state because it's one notch below civilization.

And all this crap I'm getting now just proves the point all over again.

Why don't you all just act like grown-ups? It's just a silly game.

P.S. -- The columnist at the Fresno Bee wrote a column before this bowl and made a point similar to mine -- pointing out that it was tough to sell tickets for the matchup with Wyoming, and why. Some guy phoned HIM and said he was going to shoot him! The paper had to call the cops.

God almighty, why not take your mob back up into the snow before you all hurt somebody besides yourselves.

After your reply, I get the impression that you are lumping a few uncivilized wyoming fans all into one. Stereotyping for your profession is very unprofessional, especially after being on the job for 40 years. Every college town has the rude, drunken idiots, not just Laramie, Wyoming.

And why would you take the side of a Fresno St. fan who feels they got slighted for playing in the New Mexico Bowl? They got 3rd in the WAC and gave up over 400 yards rushing to UNR. Fresno St. fans should support their team no matter what bowl they play in, but instead they want to be the whining cry babies because they didn't get invited to the party they wanted to go to. Wyoming fans were excited about the bowl, and rightfully so. But even if they had been to a bowl every year since 2004, they would still support Wyoming going to the New Mexico Bowl.

Obviously your job is to write articles for people to read, and if you're writing for Fresno St. fans, then I guess whining right along with them is in the scope of your job. So if Wyoming is so uncivilized, why can't you find an article where a Wyoming reporter is bagging on Fresno St? Maybe there is more professionalism and self-respect in Wyoming then there is in Fresno, California. Also, if Wyoming is so uncivilized, why does the state not have dept like yours, Wyoming also is nations leader in coal and natural gas that heats, and powers your house. Wyoming has nations lowest unemployment and lowest foreclosure rate in the union so next time you want to call a state uncivilized, take a look at your surroundings, there is a great chance there something from Wyoming around. In conclusion, stay in Cali where you belong want to stay because we don't want you in our state.

fromolwyoming said:
MrTitleist said:

F him royally. The guy is a jackass.
This guy and that Douche bag from Vegas and that raciest from Florida all need to get together and move to Rhode Island where they just legalized same sex marriages and they could test Rhode Islands polygamy laws

LOL I admire your courage mrtny3x, just a small suggestion, have someone edit your letter the next time you send one ;)

mrtnt3x said:
David...

Don't worry about it. You're doing a great job of being an a##hole for free.

On top of everything else -- all the rude, foul-language abuse I've received from Wyoming fans -- I was kind of rooting for Wyoming today, because I went to Bellarmine Prep in San Jose, I'm very proud of the school and drove up to see Austyn Carta-Samuels play for MY team three times last year.
I love Karma, if this guy and ACS are from the same high school and if ACS is arguably the best athlete that came from that school its great he ended up in foul language abuse land, and beating the great FSU :mrgreen:

Landiegopoke said:
mrtnt3x said:
David...

Don't worry about it. You're doing a great job of being an a##hole for free.

I love Karma, if this guy and ACS are from the same high school and if ACS is arguably the best athlete that came from that school its great he ended up in foul language abuse land, and beating the great FSU :mrgreen:
Kind of a kick in the balls to FSU, isn't it. :rofl:

You might want to be careful about the whole economy thing as coal is not viable in the long run, especially now that EPA put some pretty nasty penalties on burning it just the other week. If coal power goes down, Wyoming better scramble fast for something to replace that hefty chunk of income with.

I always hate when people get into flame wars about the places they live. It makes everybody look rather stupid in the end. Wyoming could very well have lost the game - had Pat decided to kick the field goal rather than going for it, Watts missing it would've had us all bummed out instead. Why not be the gracious winner instead of looking for a sore wound to rub it in and kick the people who are already down?

Latest posts

Back