• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Coaches Show 9/30


Rex Johnsen said there is a lot of noise on Twitter from guys in their mom's basement. First of all...I HAVE MY OWN BASEMENT. Thank you very much. OL Coach was also on the show.
Typical ad hominem attack that people use when they can't refute the argument being made against them.

I will say that I think the O-line has actually performed pretty well all season long, which goes against how a lot of people feel on this board. It's difficult to run block effectively when you are facing 10 men in the box on every snap. Why Hawaii decided to play with two high safeties is beyond me. It did help our run game look a whole lot better though.
 
Typical ad hominem attack that people use when they can't refute the argument being made against them.

I will say that I think the O-line has actually performed pretty well all season long, which goes against how a lot of people feel on this board. It's difficult to run block effectively when you are facing 10 men in the box on every snap. Why Hawaii decided to play with two high safeties is beyond me. It did help our run game look a whole lot better though.
Should I wear my Little League Coaches shirt and post a picture from my basement.

Last game the OL played well but leading up to that Jenkins was the only real one playing consistently well imo.
 
A couple points:

1) When you are now being paid to play, criticism is fair. Especially when a player is making the type of money QB1 gets.

2) The criticism on here of players has been extremely light comparatively. Probably less than most any year since message boards have been around.

3) The criticism on here has largely been of the coaching staff and athletic department. When you are paid over $1.25 million a year (at a public university where funds are considered public dollars), being the highest paid person in the state and you achieve a 9-19 record in a really bad conference…then yea that criticism is probably justified. And if you can’t handle the criticism, then you are in the wrong profession anyways.
 
A couple points:

1) When you are now being paid to play, criticism is fair. Especially when a player is making the type of money QB1 gets.

2) The criticism on here of players has been extremely light comparatively. Probably less than most any year since message boards have been around.

3) The criticism on here has largely been of the coaching staff and athletic department. When you are paid over $1.25 million a year (at a public university where funds are considered public dollars), being the highest paid person in the state and you achieve a 9-19 record in a really bad conference…then yea that criticism is probably justified. And if you can’t handle the criticism, then you are in the wrong profession anyways.
Apathy I think has just set in for the fans. The QB and OL play has been AWFUL in years past so I think we just expect more of the same and have essentially given up on the team.
 
A couple points:

1) When you are now being paid to play, criticism is fair. Especially when a player is making the type of money QB1 gets.

2) The criticism on here of players has been extremely light comparatively. Probably less than most any year since message boards have been around.

3) The criticism on here has largely been of the coaching staff and athletic department. When you are paid over $1.25 million a year (at a public university where funds are considered public dollars), being the highest paid person in the state and you achieve a 9-19 record in a really bad conference…then yea that criticism is probably justified. And if you can’t handle the criticism, then you are in the wrong profession anyways.

Great post, spot on! Well said Ore.
 
I think he’s referring to us, guys. lol
Or was he referring to the fans who stayed away from last weeks game in protest over how bad the team looked against CMU? I know that a bunch of the regulars who have season tickets in the section where I do were not at the game. It looked that way too in Sections D and E of the east stands.
 
Or was he referring to the fans who stayed away from last weeks game in protest over how bad the team looked against CMU? I know that a bunch of the regulars who have season tickets in the section where I do were not at the game. It looked that way too in Sections D and E of the east stands.

Guessing, based on the CMU game, UW lost about 4,000 - 6,000 fans that would have attended homecoming. How much lost income does that translate to (ticket, concessions)? Guessing maybe around $400,000, but not sure.
 
Guessing, based on the CMU game, UW lost about 4,000 - 6,000 fans that would have attended homecoming. How much lost income does that translate to (ticket, concessions)? Guessing maybe around $400,000, but not sure.
If the 4-6k was a walk up crowd then you are in the 240-360k for ticket revenue alone.
 
If the 4-6k was a walk up crowd then you are in the 240-360k for ticket revenue alone.
My guess is probably a mix.

Season ticket holders boycotting have largely already paid (although lost money from concessions, merchandise sales, etc…)

Season ticket holders boycotting probably does reduce the revenue from the walk up crowd (no idea the percentage). The more that give away or sell their tickets (such as on university sponsored seat geek where I think the university collects a small fee for transfer), the less revenue in ticket purchases from the walk up crowd.
 
My guess is probably a mix.

Season ticket holders boycotting have largely already paid (although lost money from concessions, merchandise sales, etc…)

Season ticket holders boycotting probably does reduce the revenue from the walk up crowd (no idea the percentage). The more that give away or sell their tickets (such as on university sponsored seat geek where I think the university collects a small fee for transfer), the less revenue in ticket purchases from the walk up crowd.
Careful football parents will call you a bandwagon fan
 
Careful football parents will call you a bandwagon fan
I'm just clarifying how season ticket holders not attending might impact revenues. I've gone to both games to-date. I still speculate I will be trying to give away tickets at the end of the year.

But it is funny to hear football parents use the term "bandwagon." Pretty sure the vast majority only began following Wyoming when their sons became members of their team and many will stop following as soon as their sons leave.
 
Back
Top