• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Coach Presser 10/5

The Cowboys’ offense was the centerpiece of Sawvel’s media availability Monday, and for good reason.

Out of 138 Football Bowl Subdivision teams, UW ranks:

135th in scoring offense (14.2 points per game)

131st in total offense (293.2 yards)

Tied for 130th in turnover margin (minus-6)

132nd in passing offense (143 yards)

Tied for 121st in red-zone offense (75%)

Tied for 120th in first downs gained (81)

134th in team passing efficiency (107.7)

110th in third-down conversions (33.9%)
Yah, I don't think that counts as running cover for the offense.
 
The Cowboys’ offense was the centerpiece of Sawvel’s media availability Monday, and for good reason.

Out of 138 Football Bowl Subdivision teams, UW ranks:

135th in scoring offense (14.2 points per game)

131st in total offense (293.2 yards)

Tied for 130th in turnover margin (minus-6)

132nd in passing offense (143 yards)

Tied for 121st in red-zone offense (75%)

Tied for 120th in first downs gained (81)

134th in team passing efficiency (107.7)

110th in third-down conversions (33.9%)
I just wonder what it is going to take to fire Sawvel. Why haven't we moved on yet? I know there is still 2 years on his contract. Is this the only reason? I don't want Tom Burman to hire the next guy but who would do it if Tom is fired as well? Is the new president too busy with all the other issues at the university to change things in the athletic dept leadership? Are all of these things actually true or is the university just putting their heads in the sand and hoping that things get better next week.

The gap between us and a decent football team is huge. The gap between us and the top of our conference is not even in the same ball park. We just got beat like a drum by NDSU. This isn't BYU/Utah or TCU or even Boise State or Fresno State.

Why doesn't NDSU's Athletic dept use the same excuses our Athletic department uses?? They are remote with a low population. It is cold and hard to recruit to. haha it's because they don't care. They just win. We need a breath of positivity from our leadership in the worst way. Get rid of TB and all of his excuses on why Wyoming can't compete. Even if we move on and fail again, at least we are trying to change and improve. I feel like the last 20 years in football and basketball, all we hear are excuses and people wanting to drop to FCS because we are poor little Wyoming. When I was a kid, we were competing with most of the schools in the Big 12 week in and week out. Now the excuses are so ingrained into our heads that we are starting to believe them even on this board. Why doesn't Utah state and NDSU feel the same as we do about all of the excuses??? It's because their leadership has a positive vision and preach that vision to everyone that will hear. Even if it is unrealistic. NDSU has been preaching the playoffs to their fanbase ever sinse they made the move to FBS. Is that realistic. No, but I would love it if that was our leadership's vision. I still remember listening to Bryan Johnson when he played for Utah. He said they were shooting for the BCS every year. He said things like, if you aren't shooting for the BCS, then why do you have a football team? When I looked at our comments that year from our AD he said things like. Utah and BYU are out of our league or I hope we can finish in the top half of our conference or well Laramie is not for everyone. I knew then that we were doomed for failure for the foreseeable future.

If we stay with the same leadership, I would guess that in 5 years time CSU will be light years ahead of us just like BYU, Utah and TCU. We might have just witnessed it in the past 2 years already. I would also bet that the 2 Montana schools will pass us just like NDSU just did last week. We are so below all of those schools right now it is crazy. Our football team would not compete in a conference right now that includes the Montana schools, North Dakota schools and South Dakota schools. What is it going to take to move on from TB and Sawvel?? Please bring someone in with a positive vision of what can this become instead of all of the excuses we hear now.
 
I just wonder what it is going to take to fire Sawvel. Why haven't we moved on yet? I know there is still 2 years on his contract. Is this the only reason? I don't want Tom Burman to hire the next guy but who would do it if Tom is fired as well? Is the new president too busy with all the other issues at the university to change things in the athletic dept leadership? Are all of these things actually true or is the university just putting their heads in the sand and hoping that things get better next week.

The gap between us and a decent football team is huge. The gap between us and the top of our conference is not even in the same ball park. We just got beat like a drum by NDSU. This isn't BYU/Utah or TCU or even Boise State or Fresno State.

Why doesn't NDSU's Athletic dept use the same excuses our Athletic department uses?? They are remote with a low population. It is cold and hard to recruit to. haha it's because they don't care. They just win. We need a breath of positivity from our leadership in the worst way. Get rid of TB and all of his excuses on why Wyoming can't compete. Even if we move on and fail again, at least we are trying to change and improve. I feel like the last 20 years in football and basketball, all we hear are excuses and people wanting to drop to FCS because we are poor little Wyoming. When I was a kid, we were competing with most of the schools in the Big 12 week in and week out. Now the excuses are so ingrained into our heads that we are starting to believe them even on this board. Why doesn't Utah state and NDSU feel the same as we do about all of the excuses??? It's because their leadership has a positive vision and preach that vision to everyone that will hear. Even if it is unrealistic. NDSU has been preaching the playoffs to their fanbase ever sinse they made the move to FBS. Is that realistic. No, but I would love it if that was our leadership's vision. I still remember listening to Bryan Johnson when he played for Utah. He said they were shooting for the BCS every year. He said things like, if you aren't shooting for the BCS, then why do you have a football team? When I looked at our comments that year from our AD he said things like. Utah and BYU are out of our league or I hope we can finish in the top half of our conference or well Laramie is not for everyone. I knew then that we were doomed for failure for the foreseeable future.

If we stay with the same leadership, I would guess that in 5 years time CSU will be light years ahead of us just like BYU, Utah and TCU. We might have just witnessed it in the past 2 years already. I would also bet that the 2 Montana schools will pass us just like NDSU just did last week. We are so below all of those schools right now it is crazy. Our football team would not compete in a conference right now that includes the Montana schools, North Dakota schools and South Dakota schools. What is it going to take to move on from TB and Sawvel?? Please bring someone in with a positive vision of what can this become instead of all of the excuses we hear now.
Probably money. During the BoT meeting I will say President Reeves was the only one I saw not on his computer or phone when speakers were talking. He has only been on the job 3 months and is trying to drive up enrollment so UW does have money.

I know everyone wants President Reeves to make a move but Barlow will more than likely be the next Governor. You should email him and ask his vision is as four trustees terms are up in 2027.
 
Back
Top