ReecesRiver
Active member
Anyone got the scoop on this tweet from Chris Durr Sr? Bad fit in Laramie or was he not welcomed back by Sawvel. Can’t imagine he’d want to stay with the current state of offense and the $$ he got from Maryland
I would say we could listen to the why from his dad and the coaches should have their chance for rebuttle. I am sure he got a nice payday from Maryland and not something Wyoming could not match.
Anyone got the scoop on this tweet from Chris Durr Sr? Bad fit in Laramie or was he not welcomed back by Sawvel. Can’t imagine he’d want to stay with the current state of offense and the $$ he got from Maryland
I can see this scenario:My hard stance is that I put zero stock in anything a former player's parent says on social media.
To be honest, that isn't far off from the response I would expect from Sawvel. I don't want a coach who caves into every players wants and desires. Just a slippery slope you don't want to go down.I can see this scenario:
Durr - “ Coach, I want to be more involved with the pass play. I don’t feel like I’m being allowed to play the game the best way I can. I’m not a blocker first and receiver second type of player. I am a playmaker type if you get me the ball. If I’m not going to be more involved I will be forced into looking elsewhere.”
Sawful - “Put your name in the portal then. No player will dictate the terms of playing to me (unless I feel the need to kiss his a$$). Jay and Jovan were right when they said you were about yourself first and not the team.”
Wyoming's last halfway decent receiver was Tanner Gentry. I know Bohl did not believe in the passing game and his influence continues to this day. I can see only one reason QBs or receivers would want to come to play for Sawvel - Money.At this point I think it would be nearly impossible for Wyoming to recruit and/or retain any WR's. If you're a WR, you're not even thinking about going to Wyoming unless we're dumping a boat load of cash in their lap.
Don't forget about Neyor....but were Neyor or Gentry even highly touted recruits? Maybe we got lucky with both.....Gentry playing with Allen probably didn't hurt either. I definitely don't see any high 3 star guys coming here anytime soon.Wyoming's last halfway decent receiver was Tanner Gentry. I know Bohl did not believe in the passing game and his influence continues to this day. I can see only one reason QBs or receivers would want to come to play for Sawvel - Money.