• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

byu game

ELKMT

This team will be my favorite team of the the decade if we beat BYU, and all the beatdowns this year will be forgotten.

Minnesota fired their coach today, maybe we could pick up kevin cosgrove as our D coordinator and get rid of marty english ( I bet they hold to cosgrove for a while though).

I'd be good with losing the rest of the games on our schedule (except maybe CSU) if we could just beat BYU this one last time.

The early line has Wyo. at +9.5 pts. Seems a little low to me. I'm not convinced we can score on anyone right now.

bladerunnr said:
The early line has Wyo. at +9.5 pts. Seems a little low to me. I'm not convinced we can score on anyone right now.
Well, the only actual shutout we've had this year was from TCU. Right now BYU can't really stop anyone unless the refs screw them over.

If this WYO team goes into Provo and rolls over to THIS BYU team, I am done for the season. There is absolutely no excuse for getting blown out by BYU this year.

We won't get blown out. But if the Pokes win, it will be close. Those buggers, this year, are big, strong, and as in the past, a lot older, but appear a little slower than usual.

The only games I see that the Pokes have some advantage in are New Mexico and UNLV. I expect the Pokes to be underdogs in the other remaining contests.

Adv8RU12 said:
We won't get blown out. But if the Pokes win, it will be close. Those buggers, this year, are big, strong, and as in the past, a lot older, but appear a little slower than usual.

The only games I see that the Pokes have some advantage in are New Mexico and UNLV. I expect the Pokes to be underdogs in the other remaining contests.

Do you know how many true freshmen BYU is starting on both sides of the ball this year? If we're much older this year, you have to stop recruiting Jr high kids.

calpoke25 said:
If this WYO team goes into Provo and rolls over to THIS BYU team, I am done for the season. There is absolutely no excuse for getting blown out by BYU this year.

I am a BYU fan... and I'm not trying to troll at all, just a quick comment to this post.

I would feel very bad if you quit supporting Wyoming because of a blow out to BYU. Your team is not that bad... they played well against Air Force and I think they're generally on the rise as a program.

Yes, BYU has had a bad start. The game against USU was particularly ugly... but they were totally gunning for us. Other than that, we've only lost to ranked opponents. Our team is really young right now, we've improved a lot and are continually improving every week.

Our record doesn't show the talent we have, and I think we'll continue to improve every week. The win against SDSU and the way our defense played against TCU proved that. Our offense looked bad against TCU, but they're the number 1 defense in the country.

Bottom line, I hope you keep supporting your team no matter what. BYU is a better team than their record shows, and they are very capable of having a breakout game. We're playing at home this week, having more confidence than before. If our breakout game comes against you this Saturday, don't worry, you've still got a team on the rise.

Here's to hoping that you guys have a great season, and... since we're leaving the conference, good luck with everything.

classycoug said:
calpoke25 said:

I am a BYU fan... and I'm not trying to troll at all, just a quick comment to this post.

I would feel very bad if you quit supporting Wyoming because of a blow out to BYU. Your team is not that bad... they played well against Air Force and I think they're generally on the rise as a program.

Yes, BYU has had a bad start. The game against USU was particularly ugly... but they were totally gunning for us. Other than that, we've only lost to ranked opponents. Our team is really young right now, we've improved a lot and are continually improving every week.

Our record doesn't show the talent we have, and I think we'll continue to improve every week. The win against SDSU and the way our defense played against TCU proved that. Our offense looked bad against TCU, but they're the number 1 defense in the country.

Bottom line, I hope you keep supporting your team no matter what. BYU is a better team than their record shows, and they are very capable of having a breakout game. We're playing at home this week, having more confidence than before. If our breakout game comes against you this Saturday, don't worry, you've still got a team on the rise.

Here's to hoping that you guys have a great season, and... since we're leaving the conference, good luck with everything.

Why do people on Cougarboard permeate so much hate? It seems like they can't be happy or like anything. They hate on their own even. Probably the worst group of Monday Morning QBs I have ever seen. Most of them are my neighbors.... :brick:

classycoug said:
Bottom line, I hope you keep supporting your team no matter what. BYU is a better team than their record shows, and they are very capable of having a breakout game.

Ummm.... thanks :?:

Listen, the bottom line is wyoming is in the same position. We're 2-5 as well, and have only lost to ranked (when we played them) opponents - TCU, Utah, Texas, Boise, Air Force. Our record is also not indicative of the talent we have, and if we get the offense untracked, could be capable of a breakout game.

You stated that USU only beat BYU because they were gunning for you. I watched most of that game, and BYU got beat because USU played a helluva lot better. I believe Wyoming is capable of the same thing, and will be gunning for the zoobs as well. Look out, this one's going to be a fight!

GO POKES!

wellpoke said:
classycoug said:
Bottom line, I hope you keep supporting your team no matter what. BYU is a better team than their record shows, and they are very capable of having a breakout game.

Listen, the bottom line is wyoming is in the same position. We're 2-5 as well, and have only lost to ranked (when we played them) opponents - TCU, Utah, Texas, Boise, Air Force. Our record is also not indicative of the talent we have, and if we get the offense untracked, could be capable of a breakout game.

You stated that USU only beat BYU because they were gunning for you. I watched most of that game, and BYU got beat because USU played a helluva lot better. I believe Wyoming is capable of the same thing, and will be gunning for the zoobs as well. Look out, this one's going to be a fight!

GO POKES!

You're right, I was at the USU game and they totally dominated us. They outplayed us in every area of the game. It was frustrating to watch. Our receivers couldn't catch, our defense couldn't even slow them down, and it was just plain ugly for us all around... I just meant that they were gunning for us and had a lot more emotion than we did. They outplayed us and we lost that game, plain and simple.

You're right about Wyoming being in the same position. You've lost to only great teams as well. You could have a breakout game.

The only reason I posted what I did was that I was disheartened that a fan said he'd quit watching the team if they lost big to this BYU team. All I wanted to say was that you shouldn't give up on your team if they lose big to this BYU team because we're not as bad as you think.

Good luck with this Saturday and the rest of the season. I really do wish you the best... I was in no way trying to throw a hate post on your board.

@ Pittsburgh Nellie, come on, where was the hate in that post? I just didn't want someone to think that, if they lost, they were losing to a crappy team. You guys are a great team, your record doesn't show your talent at all. I could see you coming in and beating us... I want us to win, but I in no way hate Wyoming football. I would love nothing more than to see you win out... except for this game of course. Heck, if Wyoming was a BSC buster in a couple of years, I'd don a brown and yellow shirt and scream my lungs out. Granted, I'll always be a BYU fan first, but I really do wish you the best.

classycoug said:
wellpoke said:
classycoug said:

GO POKES!

You're right, I was at the USU game and they totally dominated us. They outplayed us in every area of the game. It was frustrating to watch. Our receivers couldn't catch, our defense couldn't even slow them down, and it was just plain ugly for us all around... I just meant that they were gunning for us and had a lot more emotion than we did. They outplayed us and we lost that game, plain and simple.

You're right about Wyoming being in the same position. You've lost to only great teams as well. You could have a breakout game.

The only reason I posted what I did was that I was disheartened that a fan said he'd quit watching the team if they lost big to this BYU team. All I wanted to say was that you shouldn't give up on your team if they lose big to this BYU team because we're not as bad as you think.

Good luck with this Saturday and the rest of the season. I really do wish you the best... I was in no way trying to throw a hate post on your board.

@ Pittsburgh Nellie, come on, where was the hate in that post? I just didn't want someone to think that, if they lost, they were losing to a crappy team. You guys are a great team, your record doesn't show your talent at all. I could see you coming in and beating us... I want us to win, but I in no way hate Wyoming football. I would love nothing more than to see you win out... except for this game of course. Heck, if Wyoming was a BSC buster in a couple of years, I'd don a brown and yellow shirt and scream my lungs out. Granted, I'll always be a BYU fan first, but I really do wish you the best.
I wasn't saying it was from you. Just saying that CB is full of a lot of hate.

I just picked Wyoming to win on Poke Pride. Like I said on Poke Pride it may not be high scoring but a win is a win 18-10.

GO POKES!!!

PokePride.com said:
I just picked Wyoming to win on Poke Pride. Like I said on Poke Pride it may not be high scoring but a win is a win 18-10.

GO POKES!!!

18-10? 18 is an odd number for a football game, I am thinking more in lines of 24-13 pokes

mrtnt3x said:
PokePride.com said:

GO POKES!!!

18-10? 18 is an odd number for a football game, I am thinking more in lines of 24-13 pokes

We have an odd team this year what can I say?

Latest posts

Back