• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Boubacar Sylla: Is there hope?

The Road

http://cowboyaltitude.blogspot.com/2010/01/boubacar-sylla-meet-david-foster.html

It won't be overnight but I think Sylla can become an impact player for the Pokes over the next couple of years.

Adv8RU12 said:
Can sylla actually jump? It seems that I have never seen him leave the ground.

I've seen it. Once. Considering I don't miss home games that probably isn't that good :lol:

TheRealUW said:
Are you crazy?

I was wondering the same thing. The kid has NO hustle, cant handle the ball, cant rebound, no defense. I will give him this though, he is well rounded at sucking ass :thumb:

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here and that is fine. A lot can happen over the next two years if he is healthy and can keep up his training and practice. Just have a feeling.

Or I could be totally wrong :)

The Road said:
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here and that is fine. A lot can happen over the next two years if he is healthy and can keep up his training and practice. Just have a feeling.

Or I could be totally wrong :)

I like the positive spin. But I would rather have Liskens that Sylla...if we are taking on projects. ;)

Sylla will turn 24 this summer. It's not like he's still growing into his body. I have a feeling that this is as good as it gets with him.

you people have no respect for the athtlets. why talk shit about someone that had his foot hurt while playing he gave what he could for the programm. you guys should thanks him for what he tried to do

b2o78 said:
you people have no respect for the athtlets. why talk s##t about someone that had his foot hurt while playing he gave what he could for the programm. you guys should thanks him for what he tried to do

I couldn't disagree with you more. The reality is that for a Division 1 NCAA basketball player in the USA, Boubacar wasn't a good basketball player. In no way do I find it disrespectful to make a true statement. I don't think you would find a single fan of UW who would tell you they hope Boubacar fails in the rest of the endeavours he decides to partake in throughout his life. In fact, the vast majority of fans hope he does well for himself in whatever he decides to do.

Lets not forget that Boubacar was on scholarship as well. Getting a college degree at a greatly discounted rate in not something to take lightly in the USA. There are a lot of people who make far less per year than the equivlant of Boubacars scholarship. Yeah, he never got a paycheck, but athletes are definitely being compensated while playing college sports. It's very similar to a benefit package at a place of employment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying athletes don't deserve it, but don't act like the State of Wyoming was providing nothing to Boubacar for his services.

Bottom line is that Boubacar couldn't cut it as a Division 1 basketball player. Even so, the University and State of Wyoming generously offered to keep him on scholarship to complete his degree even though he was no longer playing basketball. Maybe Boubacar, and all other athletes, should be thanking the Unviersity's they attend for the huge oppurtunity they have been provided.

b2o78 said:
you people have no respect for the athtlets. why talk s##t about someone that had his foot hurt while playing he gave what he could for the programm. you guys should thanks him for what he tried to do

BOOBIE! Is that YOU!?!?

Hey man, for what it is worth, I LOVED the fact you came into UW (although hampered by injury) and became all about the brown & gold. You were a great supporter / fan of the team, even prior to playing one second, and I admire that.

Best of luck in the future. Hopefully you can take what a lot of us fans have to say about our Wyoming programs, with an enormous grain of salt. We are ALL just really tired of fucking losing. ;)

They could have told him to take his hurt foot and get the hell out, but unlike other programs, UW has class. They could have given that scholly to someone who could touch the rim. Heck, I didn't perform academically for a semester and they took away my academic scholarship. You would think they might do the same for athletes. He should feel blessed and not the other way around. I appreciate the effort he made, it just didn't pan out.

Latest posts

Back