• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Article from CST on this weeks bye & others...

McPeachy

http://www.trib.com/sports/college/article_ab929186-e7f9-5cf7-a66d-de889f52d81b.html

'While the offensive line took a lot of blame for the loss to the Falcons, Christensen said the offensive struggles fell on a lot of shoulders.

"It's going to take cross-the-board improvement," he said. "We missed a couple of wide-open receivers downfield … and in close games there will be four to five plays that will be the difference.

"But our kids are pretty resilient."'

I still say it all falls on the O line...ACS was running for his life last Saturday...and maybe if he wasn't, he would have completed both passes in question.

I was worried about our O-line after the first game. I remember posting after the Weber St. game just how terrible our O-line played. I see many plays where a lineman won't even try... Feel's like watching my youth team play sometimes.

Cornpoke said:
I was worried about our O-line after the first game. I remember posting after the Weber St. game just how terrible our O-line played. I see many plays where a lineman won't even try... Feel's like watching my youth team play sometimes.

After some thought, and watching other spread offenses this past weekend...

There is definitely an issue with the UW O line...but surely the lack of WR separation (and overall skill) is not making things easier or better. If we have a couple of Bouknights, the O line suckiness would not be so evident.

McPeachy said:
Cornpoke said:

After some thought, and watching other spread offenses this past weekend...

There is definitely an issue with the UW O line...but surely the lack of WR separation (and overall skill) is not making things easier or better. If we have a couple of Bouknights, the O line suckiness would not be so evident.

Well, I'd prefer we had a little of everything... Leonard is great at picking up the short passes, which is important in the spread. If Alexander could turn into a good safety valve for screens and we could also grab a deep threat along with a Floyd-type giant who doesn't need separation to make catches (because he's freaking huge), and a big TE, then the o-line doesn't need to be all that great.

Latest posts

Back