• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your WyoNation.com experience today!

Amos and Aiken not coming?

OrediggerPoke

That is what being said on rivals board. They were our two highest rated WR recruits (not that star ratings really mean that much)...I think it is good that we aren't taking 4 JUCO WRs, but if this is the case, I really hope DC has another WR recruit coming in.

OrediggerPoke said:
That is what being said on rivals board. They were our two highest rated WR recruits (not that star ratings really mean that much)...I think it is good that we aren't taking 4 JUCO WRs, but if this is the case, I really hope DC has another WR recruit coming in.

Ian is reporting that Amos and Aiken we're the guys we were recruiting in case we didn't get Lester and Ogbonna. Since we did get the guys we wanted, we're going in another direction with those two scholarships. There are a few names of new commitments on Gowyogo as well. There's a linebacker from Germany(potential for a German pipeline if it works), theres a safety/linebacker type from Texas, there's another offensive linemen listed as well.

What is really interesting is that the german player was previously a cowboy (munich cowboys) with a color similar to our gold.

OrediggerPoke said:
What is really interesting is that the german player was previously a cowboy (munich cowboys) with a color similar to our gold.
070223ms_cayenne062_550.jpg

Similar? They have Black and Gold, we have Brown and Gold. Though, it seems to be more of a dark brown color. that is kind of creepy. In a good or bad way, I don't know. But the Pokes look to be multinational this year.

if the german can ball who cares where he is from, they could be onto something, BC, Germany, it has worked for bball teams why not football?

Really wish we would have held onto Aiken. 6'4 and runs 4.4 for the 40. The more options we have on Offense the better.

The football team has given us hope in the first year of a new coach.
The basketball team remains hopeless in its third year of the current coach.
And you hope the football team follows the path of the basketball team?
Do you hate UW sports that much?
The basketball team continues to go backwards. Losses to SoDakSt, Hampton, Denver, and that other school in that tournament?

cheypoke said:
Any chance of getting some of those German cheerleaders?

Huh? Bad teeth. Bad hair. Pastie white skin.

But...maybe the warm beer chugging overshadows that all?

Wow, I'll trust that DC knows what he is doing better than I, but I've watched tape on all 4 of the receivers in question and would say both Aikens and Amos are more talented than either Lester or Ogbonna. I'm a little lost as to why Ogbonna and Lester were their top prospects. That being said, they will be an upgrade over what we have right now.

TheRealUW said:
Wow, I'll trust that DC knows what he is doing better than I, but I've watched tape on all 4 of the receivers in question and would say both Aikens and Amos are more talented than either Lester or Ogbonna. I'm a little lost as to why Ogbonna and Lester were their top prospects. That being said, they will be an upgrade over what we have right now.
Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Ogbonna looked pretty awesome, but I don't see how Aiken and Amos weren't a priority over Lester...

on recruiting foreign bball players i was thinking about the womens program and the nba, i didn't even think of our mens program, in those other respects foreigners have been successful, but your point is well taken/understood.

i guess im confused, i thought Amos already signed a letter of intent. does anyone know for sure whether he has or hasnt? or whether he is or isnt coming to UW?

I agree. I thought with his size and speed that Aiken could be a beast. And I also thought that Amos looked more athletic than definitely Lester, and maybe Ogbonna as well. But, I still think they are quality recruits. Hopefully they work out well.

I'm also very curious about the German recruit. He looked to be physical and have good speed, but I also don't know how the level of competition in Germany is. Plus, I read somewhere that he's like 22 or 23. Not that its an issue, but it seems a little unusual to have an incoming player that age... unless you're BYU.

socalpoke82 said:
I agree. I thought with his size and speed that Aiken could be a beast. And I also thought that Amos looked more athletic than definitely Lester, and maybe Ogbonna as well. But, I still think they are quality recruits. Hopefully they work out well.

I'm also very curious about the German recruit. He looked to be physical and have good speed, but I also don't know how the level of competition in Germany is. Plus, I read somewhere that he's like 22 or 23. Not that its an issue, but it seems a little unusual to have an incoming player that age... unless you're BYU.

Boston College's freshman QB is 25... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=480401
I didn't believe it at first when they talked about it during the USC - BC bowl.

Asmodeanreborn said:
Boston College's freshman QB is 25... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=480401
I didn't believe it at first when they talked about it during the USC - BC bowl.

that qb from mount carmel is beast! or at least he used to be

Didn't Amos sign a letter of intent already?
If that's the case is DC going to let him out of his commitment?
Rivals has that he, Lester, Ogbanna, and Puetz have already signed their LOI.

Latest posts

Back