Ideas for the student section.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Personally, I think the student section needs to take the gloves off. They need to dust off some of the chants that were rained down on Fennis, Sean, Jon, Eric, and Turque.

Certain chants are classics. They're like AC/DC. You can never play them enough.

Aside from bringing back the old chants I think it would be cool if the student section starting dressing like they were in a wild west saloon. Just four or five guys in Butch Cassidy garb would do wonders for the t.v. appeal and add a western element that would really fit.

What are some of the chants you would love to hear brought back in the AA?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

"Who did it?"
"HE DID IT"!"
"Who did it?"
"HE DID IT!"
"Who did it?"
"HE DID IT! DON'T DO IT AGAIN ASSHOLE!!!"

One that sort of got started and I only heard on a few occasions- it was always directed at a certain key player on the opposing team- "Small bore! Short barrel! Can't shoot!"- when he had the ball.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

First of all, the student section needs to get in sync with eachother. Game against CU, it was like having 2 student sections. One part began chanting one thing, the other group something else.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I've always been a fan of "bounce, bounce, bounce, uhhhhhhhhh, bounce, bounce, uhhhhhhhh"
gopokes1399
Blog Team

When Sobey makes a play it would be so awesome to pull off the "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi" Or after luke drains a 3 "Luuuuuukkkkeeee" something tells me the student section will get going, but it starts from the people in the front row
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Certain chants are classics. They're like AC/DC. You can never play them enough.
As a current student, every student lost all respect for you.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

But seriously...

Utah States "I Believe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YUnOoye58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taylor University "silent until the 10th point"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNo9x7KQ4ZI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
Well, f-word you too.

44caliberkiller
Buckaroo

Love the enthusiasm of the "I believe that we will win" chant, but that sounds like something a second grader would say. San Diego State fans have done this chant at the last couple of MWC tournaments and everyone in my group makes fun of them. I for one hope we can come up with something a little more clever than that.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

44caliberkiller wrote:Love the enthusiasm of the "I believe that we will win" chant, but that sounds like something a second grader would say. San Diego State fans have done this chant at the last couple of MWC tournaments and everyone in my group makes fun of them. I for one hope we can come up with something a little more clever than that.
SDSU straight up stole if from USU though. But yes I think it is weak.
My little sister as a highschool senior swore that her class "created" the cheer last year. It has been stolen for a while
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

44caliberkiller wrote:Love the enthusiasm of the "I believe that we will win" chant, but that sounds like something a second grader would say. San Diego State fans have done this chant at the last couple of MWC tournaments and everyone in my group makes fun of them. I for one hope we can come up with something a little more clever than that.
SDSU straight up stole if from USU though. But yes I think it is weak.
My little sister as a highschool senior swore that her class "created" the cheer last year. It has been stolen for a while
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Its a soccer chant that is old as time. Dumbest chant ever.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Hey now fromolwyoming...I'm sure if there was a wyonation in your day and some guy said that UW games should be rockin some "ring of fire" for the games you would have said the same thing as me :)
Pennylane?
Nah I'm jokin. But on a serious note, the students are definitely not into ACDC today. They (not me) like stupid poop. Playing ACDC at a game would fall into the mold of "old time wyoming thinking".
And actually...don't they play thunderstruck at games already???
TtotheJ30
Buckaroo

Cowboy Junky wrote:Personally, I think the student section needs to take the gloves off. They need to dust off some of the chants that were rained down on Fennis, Sean, Jon, Eric, and Turque.

Aside from bringing back the old chants I think it would be cool if the student section starting dressing like they were in a wild west saloon. Just four or five guys in Butch Cassidy garb would do wonders for the t.v. appeal and add a western element that would really fit.

What are some of the chants you would love to hear brought back in the AA?
How about wearing an obnoxious stars and stripes do-rag? That's what I've been doing.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote: SDSU straight up stole if from USU though.
Which is why we shouldn't steal anything. It's sad enough that "Cowboy Joe" was originally from Arizona and we just slyly switched it to Wyo.

We need something original and lasting. The Silent Night thing is awesome but anyone who does it as a copycat now would just suck.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

I was at a USU/Boise game in Logan one year, and there was a guy sitting by himself wearing a Boise sweatshirt away from the rest of the Bronco fans. Literally every person in the gym turned and pointed at the guy without saying a word. I figured it wouldn't last long and I think so did the guy in the sweatshirt but after 10 straight minutes of everyone in the arena staring at him someone threw him a USU t-shirt. Once he put the shirt on over his sweatshirt the crowd cheered LOUD and left him alone.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:Hey now fromolwyoming...I'm sure if there was a wyonation in your day and some guy said that UW games should be rockin some "ring of fire" for the games you would have said the same thing as me :)
Pennylane?
Nah I'm jokin. But on a serious note, the students are definitely not into ACDC today. They (not me) like stupid poop. Playing ACDC at a game would fall into the mold of "old time wyoming thinking".
And actually...don't they play thunderstruck at games already???
Football. And I'm 23. And aside from Bieber (only know about him because he's mentioned on tv so much) and this Gangnam style stuff (watched the video, and it was like a BAD 80s pop video), I am about as clueless about modern music (outside of country anyways), as an old washed up rocker from the 80s, re-living his glory years every day.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Some of my favorites are:

"He's down, he's down, he's all f'd up. He's up, he's up, he's still f'd up"

A classic:

"You, you got, you got ugly women."

You can never go wrong with,

"The ref beats his wife, the ref beats his wife"

And I think I would die and go to heaven to hear a sold-out AA chanting,

"Rip em up, tear em up, give em hell Wyo"

I don't know what's wrong with today's generation of Wyoming fan. You're supposed to keep the good cheers from the old school play-book.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
I wasn't talking about playing more AC/DC. The music in the stadium is a different issue entirely. I was comparing old school Wyoming chants to AC/DC because it's music that has staying power. Certain chants should still be used.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Three classics, from BITD:

- Reading the newspaper during the opponents introduction, then wadding them up and throwing them on the court when it's time for the Wyo introductions. When Shyatt made his first tour of Laramie, he resurrected this tradition but it went away after he left for Clemson

- Standing and cheering non-stop until Wyo scores their first basket

- During Wyo freethrows, holding up both arms and bringing them down yelling "whoosh!" when we made the shot