New B-Ball commit

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

Thanks for the link! Good to see that Galand Thaxton (Jr., or III) is walking on. He has some talent...and I would love to see him grow & succeed.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I am predicting that this guy will flunk out.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:I am predicting that this guy will flunk out.
what kind statement is that? do you know the kid? Iam guessing not. if he can come with three years left, he must have grades to leave jc early.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

wyo 1 wrote:
what kind statement is that? do you know the kid? Iam guessing not. if he can come with three years left, he must have grades to leave jc early.
Based purely on his longtime struggles academically and what I have observed about athletes with these kinds of problems. Does that mean he WON'T make it? No. It means that the odds are against him. So if you are a betting man, you would bet against him making it.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12 wrote:
wyo 1 wrote:
Based purely on his longtime struggles academically and what I have observed about athletes with these kinds of problems. Does that mean he WON'T make it? No. It means that the odds are against him. So if you are a betting man, you would bet against him making it.
my thinking on this is with the current APR issues, and the loss of a scolly this year, i believe coach Schroyer has done the research on him and probally would not take the risk on him if he(Schroyer) wasnt comfortable with him. I could be wrong, but I hope not.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I agree wyo 1. That is one thing that Heath has been really good about. Making sure the players have their academics in order. His JC coach said he has been a good student. I'm not worried about him flunking out any more than any other athlete we have.

I am beginning to really like what i am hearing from the basketball program. I think we are going to be pretty good this year and continue to get better. I know some people have an issue with schroyer but i like the direction we're heading.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

TSpoke wrote:I agree wyo 1. That is one thing that Heath has been really good about. Making sure the players have their academics in order. His JC coach said he has been a good student. I'm not worried about him flunking out any more than any other athlete we have.

I am beginning to really like what i am hearing from the basketball program. I think we are going to be pretty good this year and continue to get better. I know some people have an issue with schroyer but i like the direction we're heading.
I couldnt agree more TSpoke, I like the direction we are headed. This year we could be mid to upper half, and like you said, continue to get better. I like the guys he seems to be after, long and athletic for the most part. I for one, cant wait for this season to get started.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I also agree. I have never met a coach that knew exactly what he wanted to do with a basketball team like Heath Schroyer does and I believe he will get it accomplished. I am really looking forward to this season.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.