Will we win a conference game this season?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 4 times

I'm thinking we have a chance to win 1, SDSU. Talk me down if you disagree.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

SDSU played Notre Dame very close in South Bend - a task I am positive we could not replicate. Also remember the 'Boys snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last year against them - If they are going to have confidence against anyone, WYO is it. We do have weather in our back pocket though. Sorry to be so pessimistic...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It will definitely be a fight for the cellar of the MWC with SDSU... Should be a hell of a game.
I'm good for 3!
TheBuckhole
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

I seriously doubt we win another game. UNLV and CSU are out as "gimmies" this year as both are showing signs of life. Our Pokes are looking like the conference cellar-dwellers this year.
Last edited by TheBuckhole on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreybullPoke
Buckaroo

To win a conference game we have to score points. So far in 3 conference games we have scored a total of 3 points. That is a whopping 1 point per game average (at least the math was easy). SDSU has averaged 7 points per game in conference. When they beat Idaho they scored 45 points. That my friends is 5 more points than we have scored all season. I don't believe we win any conference games this year. Not the way we are playing so far this season. The only positive I take out of each loss is that each loss brings us closer to a new era of Cowboy football. I have always liked Joe Glenn as a person and I have never liked his coaching style. I have never felt he was anything more than an overpaid cheerleader that I love to listen to. He makes you feel good, he loves Wyoming but it appears that he is choaking on his first bite of the elepahnt and will never eat the entire thing.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Yes, the Pokes will beat SDSU (probably, maybe, might). SDSU has one of the worst rush defences in the country. The problem is that Cole will probably turn to a passing game against SDSU.

On the other hand, Wyo is last in TD margins, last in scoring 9.33/game (there are 119 D-1 teams), 115th in pass offense (the three military acadamies are worse), last in turnovers lost, 116th in passes intercepted, and near last in total offense.

Yes, Joe's team will set records this year.