Overhead shot of WMS this past weekend

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WAY too much red.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Definitely too much red. The problem with the picture is you only see red and yellow. There are a lot of Wyoming fans who wear brown and brown doesn't show up very well.

But definitely more red than I wanted to see.

Go Pokes!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:Definitely too much red. The problem with the picture is you only see red and yellow. There are a lot of Wyoming fans who wear brown and brown doesn't show up very well.

But definitely more red than I wanted to see.

Go Pokes!!
Agreed. I see lots of brown in the upper decks. Regardless, the crowd looks at least 65% Wyoming 35% Nebraska. Completely unacceptable. Looks like an Iowa State home game.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:Image
The stadium definitely looks better with endzone seats. I think they should make them permanent again.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

On that evidence, I think you could make a legitimate claim that the stadium was 50/50 Wyo/NU. Which makes my blood boil hotter than the surface of the sun. Epic fail all around on the part of the football program (for sucking for so long that interest has dwindled the way it has), the Athletic Department (for making it so easy for tickets to fall into the hands of NU fans), and especially the Wyo fanbase (for falling off the bandwagon, for selling out to high bidding NU fans, and ESPECIALLY FOR ROOTING FOR NU EVEN THOUGH YOU ATTEND/ED THE UNIVERSITY OF f-word WYOMING.)

/rant
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cowduck wrote:On that evidence, I think you could make a legitimate claim that the stadium was 50/50 Wyo/NU. Which makes my blood boil hotter than the surface of the sun. Epic fail all around on the part of the football program (for sucking for so long that interest has dwindled the way it has), the Athletic Department (for making it so easy for tickets to fall into the hands of NU fans), and especially the Wyo fanbase (for falling off the bandwagon, for selling out to high bidding NU fans, and ESPECIALLY FOR ROOTING FOR NU EVEN THOUGH YOU ATTEND/ED THE UNIVERSITY OF f-word WYOMING.)

/rant
That about sums it up. The bold part is about as weak as it gets. These are the same fans that started rooting for the Miami Heat last year and haven't stuck with one sports team their entire lives. Zero pride.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

I saw a couple of my former friends dressed up in Nebraska stuff. I was highly embarrassed. I am tempted to take all their UW stuff and not let them wear it to any more games. That kind of thing ticks me off more than anything. I'm about as big of a Florida Gator fan as there is. If you've seen my apartment you would know this. When UW went to Gainesville I dressed up head to toe in Pokes stuff. I rooted to my every last breath for the Cowboys. Priorities damnit! Priorities. (Florida even went on to win the 'ship).
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Cowduck wrote:Epic fail all around on the part of the football program (for sucking for so long that interest has dwindled the way it has)
I'm not that unhappy with attendance in general so far. We pulled over 20k against FCS teams, which I'd say is great... I remember when there was talk about Wyoming risked losing Division 1 status because we didn't average over 15k, so now that we're sitting at 25k+, I think we should be happy about THAT part.

It's certainly annoying to see how many Cowboys fans sold their tickets to Nebraska fans, but in this economy, can you really blame the average person? Not everybody lives and dies with the team like us here on this board.

Does anybody think we can end the season at an average of 25k in attendance if we win the next game?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

What's his name on Sports Line Live brought up a good point last night. He wasn't too happy with the amount of Red in line at the Cowboy Joe Club Tent. He asked why are these guys in line? Because they are CJC members wearing Nebraska gear.

I'm guessing they didn't just decide to become season ticket holders and CJC members to get a ticket to the game (season tickets maybe). We had alot of Wyoming fans switch sides on Saturday.

I figure if we had enough 10+ win seasons over the next few decades, we might be able to get that role to reverse. There are _alot_ of Wyoming fans out there. Just too bad to see them temporarily switch sides. :(
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

You guys better be careful how you word things, or you may be accused of being dense.

Wyoming fans didn't sell out! TIC / LOL
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I think red just stands out more than gold. The east stands didn't look that red from my vantage point, and my section, (section F) was way more than 2-1 Cowboy fans to nubs. That picture shows it pretty red.

Still, there were way more Nebraska fans than Texas fans 2 years ago.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

kansasCowboy wrote:The stadium definitely looks better with endzone seats. I think they should make them permanent again.
Agree. On the south end only though.

And move the band there!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

If Cowboys wasn't written in the end zone you'd think it was a USC game.

I realize football is king, especially in Nebraska, and yes, I saw a lot of people that I know are "Wyoming" fans that were wearing red. Which is discusting in itself. What's even worse about some of these "fans" is if Shyatt is able to develop a nationally competitive basketball team and we were to schedule NU at the AA, these same people would then be wearing gold and brown. It makes me wonder, if somehow both Nebraska and Wyoming got exceptionally bad at football, (I know very unlikely, I'm just making a point) who would these front-running SOBs root for? Texas?
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

COS Cowboy wrote:I think red just stands out more than gold. The east stands didn't look that red from my vantage point, and my section, (section F) was way more than 2-1 Cowboy fans to nubs. That picture shows it pretty red.

Still, there were way more Nebraska fans than Texas fans 2 years ago.
I agree. I was in HH, and this photo shows that as pretty red. but it was probably 3-1 cowboys. But, a lot of those cowboy fans were not wearing gold. You can't look at these photos and compare red to gold. Sure almost all Nebraska fans wear red, but only about 50-60% of Wyo fans are in gold. That is a cool photo though. Sure was a colorful stadium that night.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyobrandon wrote:What's his name on Sports Line Live brought up a good point last night. He wasn't too happy with the amount of Red in line at the Cowboy Joe Club Tent. He asked why are these guys in line? Because they are CJC members wearing Nebraska gear.

I'm guessing they didn't just decide to become season ticket holders and CJC members to get a ticket to the game (season tickets maybe). We had alot of Wyoming fans switch sides on Saturday.

I figure if we had enough 10+ win seasons over the next few decades, we might be able to get that role to reverse. There are _alot_ of Wyoming fans out there. Just too bad to see them temporarily switch sides. :(
Pretty easy to put some pretty serious social pressure on those CJC members. Should have taken plenty of pictures, posted them, and just let the CJC membership do the dirty work.

Personally, I helped a fellow CJC member with his first ever tailgate party, so I never even saw the CJC tent, but if I had, I guarantee there would've been some CJC members whose faces would've (and should've) been as red as their clothing.

Another alternative would be to charge more for those not in UW colors. You word it as "Show your Cowboy spirit for half-priced/ free beer" and double the price. This is the line in the sand where money buys neither friendship nor respect.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

Time lapse video of the stadium filling.
ImageImageImageImage
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:Time lapse video of the stadium filling.
that's freakin sweet!
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote:
wyobrandon wrote:What's his name on Sports Line Live brought up a good point last night. He wasn't too happy with the amount of Red in line at the Cowboy Joe Club Tent. He asked why are these guys in line? Because they are CJC members wearing Nebraska gear.

Pretty easy to put some pretty serious social pressure on those CJC members. Should have taken plenty of pictures, posted them, and just let the CJC membership do the dirty work.

Personally, I helped a fellow CJC member with his first ever tailgate party, so I never even saw the CJC tent, but if I had, I guarantee there would've been some CJC members whose faces would've (and should've) been as red as their clothing.

Another alternative would be to charge more for those not in UW colors. You word it as "Show your Cowboy spirit for half-priced/ free beer" and double the price. This is the line in the sand where money buys neither friendship nor respect.
I didnt make it to tailgate part or CJC tent. Is that true, there were people in nebraska gear in there? That is truely classless. How on Earth could anyone justify doing that?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:The stadium definitely looks better with endzone seats. I think they should make them permanent again.
Agree. On the south end only though.

And move the band there
!
I agree too. If we are going to sell out every so often, why not build something permanent? Something about twice the size of what you see in the photo and stick the band right in the middle. The band always sounds better from the endzone and both sides can hear equally. The permanent seats would make the stadium look much more like a stadium and nicer IMO.