defections

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
superpoke
Buckaroo

my source that used to work in the athletic department, and is close to people involved, tells me that jackson, mbaye and afam are leaving uw for sure, whether or not this happens, we will soon find out. Fuel for the fire!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

From CSTs Zach Creglow: On Desmar Jackson leaving #Wyoming for #SIU: Nothing is close 2 decided. SIU staying away unless he gets a release, if he does. #gopokes
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

i dont know if afam can transfer, he was a junior used his red shirt so how could he sit a year out? unless he transfered down Jackson is talented but a cancer and mbaye is a stud...
superpoke
Buckaroo

When did Afam use his redshirt year? Did he burn it this year? I agree it makes little sense for him to transfer, i could be wrong but i thought he still had a redshirt.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

superpoke wrote:When did Afam use his redshirt year? Did he burn it this year? I agree it makes little sense for him to transfer, i could be wrong but i thought he still had a redshirt.
He redshirted as a freshman.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Bunch of f-word kitty if its true. Mbaye could be great for Wyo if he gets a real coach :coffee:
Pittsburgh Nellie
Ranch Hand

Let's be honest. The entire team is replaceable. There isn't a guy on the team I will lose sleep over if we lose. If we are going to implode the team from the top up, let's do this already.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Pittsburgh Nellie wrote:Let's be honest. The entire team is replaceable. There isn't a guy on the team I will lose sleep over if we lose. If we are going to implode the team from the top up, let's do this already.
Waddell has stated to the Boomerang (at least) that he'll be here next year.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Whether Afam can transfer seems irrelevant to me. I think its a bit unlikely that he could be productive in any program. I just dont think he is capable of returning from that knee injury to full form. In light of the risk of that, why would any other program gamble on him by giving a scholarship?

As for M'bay and Jackson, the new coach will I am sure make a good effort to convince them to stay. It certainly would be in their best interest to stay. But you never know what promises someone else has made them.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Part of me hopes that Jackson and M'Baye stay. However, if they leave, then that frees up some spots for the new coach to bring in some of "his" guys, which may fit better into his system -- whatever that may be.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Pittsburgh Nellie wrote:Let's be honest. The entire team is replaceable. There isn't a guy on the team I will lose sleep over if we lose. If we are going to implode the team from the top up, let's do this already.
My thoughts exactly. We have won 10 games for each of the past 2 years. We lost a lot of games because of poor coaching, but I also failed to see many guys on our roster who would even make the team at SDSU or UNLV.

Sure it'd be nice if they stayed and I hope they do, but it's not like we'd be losing a potential Marcus Bailey.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

When you consider Shyatt and Duncan's recruiting capabilies, one almost HOPES jackson and m'baye leave.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

cheypoke wrote:When you consider Shyatt and Duncan's recruiting capabilies, one almost HOPES jackson and m'baye leave.
NO...cause Shyatt and team wouldn't have time to recruit too many guys...and besides, the cubbards will be cleared out next year when all the seniors graduate.
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

They won 10 games last season....don't let the door hit you in the ass boys. Good luck.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Hopefully Shyatt runs off a few current players so he can get some of his own recruits in here right away. Please find us a true point guard that is taller than 5'6" and a post that can score. I would keep Jackson and M'baye and see what they can do with real coaching.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote:Hopefully Shyatt runs off a few current players so he can get some of his own recruits in here right away. Please find us a true point guard that is taller than 5'6" and a post that can score. I would keep Jackson and M'baye and see what they can do with real coaching.
+1

I would have liked an up-tempo coach that would use the elevation to his advantage but as long as he is successfull I don't give a poop if dresses like an oscar myer wienner or fish taco. I want to win and think this staff can definately do it!
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Wind River Poke wrote:They won 10 games last season....don't let the door hit you in the ass boys. Good luck.
They won 10 games...but they weren't coached. Give them some time with someone who knows how to coach, and I bet you'll talk differently about them. They, by no means, played to thier potential...and that's the coach's fault.
billings
Ranch Hand

Shyatt to meet with Players Sunday Night according to Schmoldt twitter
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
Wind River Poke wrote:They won 10 games last season....don't let the door hit you in the ass boys. Good luck.
They won 10 games...but they weren't coached. Give them some time with someone who knows how to coach, and I bet you'll talk differently about them. They, by no means, played to thier potential...and that's the coach's fault.
True statement, no argument from me that Schroyer was a clown. I know it's all talk and rumor but I despise quitters. Why walk away from an opportunity to get an education and play the game you love? They need to man up, grow up, and learn that life throws you poop that you didn't anticipate. Deal with it and don't run away. It that's their character then we don't need them.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925