AA to be upgraded?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 127 times

What (in your opinion) needs to be upgraded?

1. Hand rails in the isles for the blue hairs?
2. Suites / Boxes?
3. Beer Service?

Thoughts Wyoation?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Suites maybe? Beer service should be a must, but so far, only the Wildcatter suites allow it. But hand rails should have been put into the AA in the first place.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Suites/Boxes would definitely allow some additional revenue. The sky box at Montana is nice, they serve a full bar up there. Definitely would benefit the athletic dept to have something like that. Beer selling would be nice, but it'd also be nice to have that at the football games too.. but, is it allowed at an on-campus stadium?
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 127 times

MrTitleist wrote:is it allowed at an on-campus stadium?
I think that is up to the school (UNLV hoops for instance). Then again, can you imagine all the old fart blue hair anti-change mattress huggers coming out of the woodwork to fight UW for even asking to serve beer?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:is it allowed at an on-campus stadium?
I think that is up to the school (UNLV hoops for instance). Then again, can you imagine all the old fart blue hair anti-change mattress huggers coming out of the woodwork to fight UW for even asking to serve beer?
Charge $4-5/beer and I think UW would be rolling in cash. Blue hairs hate beer though.
ImageImageImageImage
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Only upgrade I can see is new staff on the floor
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

TwoTone wrote:Only upgrade I can see is new staff on the floor
This.

I remember being a student in Laramie (football guy) and actually giving a rat's ass about bball (Davis, Bailey, Uche,etc.). I still (vaguely, lots of shots that night) remember the night we beat Gonzaga. And to this day I HATE Luke Walton. F@!& AZ (and the Lakers).
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
wyodesert
Buckaroo

double the size of the rims so we can make a fricken basket once in awhile.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

A head coach for mens basketball... does that count as an upgrade at the AA?
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I have long advocated for beer sales. But apparantly no one at the University is interested. I believe all they need is a liquor license (which I'm guessing the CIty of Laramie would fight). However, the legislature could give the liquor license on its own like with the student union. It would be interesting to see what kind of revenue could be generated.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote:
TwoTone wrote:Only upgrade I can see is new staff on the floor
This.

I remember being a student in Laramie (football guy) and actually giving a rat's ass about bball (Davis, Bailey, Uche,etc.). I still (vaguely, lots of shots that night) remember the night we beat Gonzaga. And to this day I HATE Luke Walton. F@!& AZ (and the Lakers).
HA! i just posted a thread about that zags game, then came here and read this
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

They serve beer in the student union building so why not at football and baskebatball games? I have never understood why, it seems like a contradiction. We don't want studetns drinking at games but on the way to class they can grab a beer on campus.
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

How about a nice 100 Watt light bulb over the poop so you can avoid the piss all over the seat from the last guy that couldn't see?
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wind River Poke wrote:How about a nice 100 Watt light bulb over the poop so you can avoid the piss all over the seat from the last guy that couldn't see?
:lol: :lol: :whistle:
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

Wind River Poke wrote:How about a nice 100 Watt light bulb over the poop so you can avoid the piss all over the seat from the last guy that couldn't see?
:rofl: That's good stuff! I had forgotten that the stalls were pitch black!

They need to add glass recycling to all the bathrooms at the AA and WMS.
W-Y, Until I Die!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

There is something I wish they would do to the AA. I wish they could somehow get rid of the 3 press rows behind the benches and put in seats. They need to put in seats on the student sides closer to the floor, (kind of like at Georgia Tech if you can find the pictures... its alot like ours). I think we need to get the fans closer to the floor to give a little more "home court advantage" ala Duke!! Even the possibility of mobile stands at the ends of the court. It would make the visitors feel like the crowd is right on top of them. Now, all of this would help if we could have a competitive team on the floor and bring back rowdy to the AA.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

They need to move the team benches to the other side of the court and put the visitors in front of the student section like 90% of the other teams do. Why we put them in the quietest part of the double A is beyond me. We need to make it A HOME COURT ADVANTAGE and place them by the band and the students.

This,of course is after we get some excitement in the building and people start showing up again. just my thoughts.
7175 Poke
Buckaroo

A nice 4-sided scoreboard above the court would be nice.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

7175 Poke wrote:A nice 4-sided scoreboard above the court would be nice.
Amen. And welcome to the board!
ImageImageImageImage
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

We need most seats for students? For the 20 of them that bother to come to games? :rofl: