Remaining Home Schedule

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 252 times

Who would you like to see a victory against the most?

10/29 vs. Boise
11/5 vs. USU
11/19 vs. San Diego

For me it's SDSU. :twisted: I hate those guys. So incredibly cocky.

We also owe USU some big time payback.

Boise - I'm not holding my breath on that one.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I think beating USU is a big must. We aren't "supposed" to beat Boise or SDSU, so those would be great, but the Utah State win is one that would be great for us to move ahead of them in the MW pecking order, where the Boise and SDSU games would just be considered upsets.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

The Pokes have been big underdogs the past two weeks. AFA was right up there with Boise and SDSU when it comes to the so called teams to beat this year. I think the game vs AFA proves we can take care of at least SDSU. There is a lot of room for improvement (Allen putting more touch on the ball and being just a wee bit more accurate on some of his longer passes and not getting a penalty on almost every big play). But, being a young team, they could still lay an egg. They seem to be playing with a lot more focus the past two games. Things are looking up for sure.

Go Pokes!!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:The Pokes have been big underdogs the past two weeks. AFA was right up there with Boise and SDSU when it comes to the so called teams to beat this year. I think the game vs AFA proves we can take care of at least SDSU. There is a lot of room for improvement (Allen putting more touch on the ball and being just a wee bit more accurate on some of his longer passes and not getting a penalty on almost every big play). But, being a young team, they could still lay an egg. They seem to be playing with a lot more focus the past two games. Things are looking up for sure.

Go Pokes!!
Yeahp. These are all toss ups. And to think there's this much of a good chance to throw a good game at Boise. That is awesome. "If" Wyoming beats Nevada the atmosphere at Boise at the War will be something special.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:The Pokes have been big underdogs the past two weeks. AFA was right up there with Boise and SDSU when it comes to the so called teams to beat this year. I think the game vs AFA proves we can take care of at least SDSU. There is a lot of room for improvement (Allen putting more touch on the ball and being just a wee bit more accurate on some of his longer passes and not getting a penalty on almost every big play). But, being a young team, they could still lay an egg. They seem to be playing with a lot more focus the past two games. Things are looking up for sure.

Go Pokes!!
I think the focus is the most important for young teams.

I think they didn't focus well enough for the EMU game, and they lost because of it. We are not good enough to sleep walk through teams, we have to focus and respect every opponent.

Hell, even Nick Saban preaches that for Alabama's games vs no-name teams. If you listen to Saban the week of a game vs a no-name, he treats that team with respect, and as a result, they take care of business in a convincing fashion.

I think Wyoming has figured out how to focus now. Can't get too high, can't get too low.
Use the bye week to regroup, and start the season over at 0-0. Time to get healthy, and figure out how to beat the next team on the schedule.

Bohl talked about learning to compete, and then learning to win.
I think he has gotten them to compete. They have competed in all 6 games.
Nebraska SHOULD have beaten us, I'm not upset we lost, I'm thrilled we competed.
EMU should NOT have beaten us. I'm upset we lost because Wyo did not do what they needed to win. They did compete though. Which, is a small step forwards compared to last season.
I think Wyo competes in the rest of the games this season, and I think they WIN a few more as well.
Next season could be BIG.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Any of those would be great wins, but BSU would be the most important by a mile. They will be ranked, rolling through the MWC on their way to a "big" bowl game. If the Pokes can beat Nevada, then they could move to 6-2 with a win over Boise. Going to 6-2 with a win over a ranked team in front of what should be a full crowd, would get the program a lot of positive attention and great crowds for the last two games.

Now, that is obviously the least likely scenario as well as Boise is very good and in particular their strength (passing) attacks our weakness (pass coverage/secondary, especially if Granderson is out which limits our pass rush).

I think a win over BSU is highly unlikely, but it would undoubtedly be the most important for the program.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'd love to beat Boise, but at the same time - if they go undefeated Wyoming could get more money. :P

I think that's true, at least?

That said, I'll happily trade those extra dollars if it means we go 10-2/11-2.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I hate bye weeks. We always have bored players getting suspended.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

2-1 at home remaining has a nice sound to it, huh???
knhendon
Buckaroo

2 and 1 at home works for me.

Go Pokes!!