Weber Faithful Penciling Win..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

I think the Weber faithful are misguided. After a tough loss to Eastern at the end of the year, eeking out Cal Poly, then totally wetting the bed against Montana.. yeah..

So anyways, is there stud receiver Etuati even going to be playing this year after being tossed in the slammer during the playoffs last season? It's funny how Weber beats Montana once in the last umpteen years, now they're king poop and can take on the world.. good luck with that.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 127 times

pokerupfront wrote:And playing Moo U close. :|

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... f=4&t=5287
I don't blame them for a little smack talk, we (at least I) do the same thing...and sometimes it works (Tennessee, Virginia, UCLA). Deep down though, they all go to bed knowing an ass whipping is coming this September.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

The last 3 weeks of last year really exposed Weber.. a loss at Eastern Washington, win vs. Cal Poly and a blowout loss to Montana. Their rushing attack was ineffective and their aerial attack was hampered. I expect the Cowboy defense to be in top shape for this game.
ImageImageImageImage
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

It's no different than the idiots on this board and other Wyo boards who are predicting we can beat Texas. I didn't see too many people get on here and say that was foolish, in fact the people who did were called out for not letting fans be fans or something like that.

Botton Line: We should beat the tar out of Weber and Texas is going to beat the tar out of us!
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

I see a couple of you have signed on to http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/index.php, you will find Championship Subdivision Football forum at the very top, the discussion is in the "predict your season" thread, and is still going on.

Come on in there guys and defend your territory!! :twisted:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

They even started a thread wondering how many people thought they'd win:
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... f=4&t=5537
ImageImageImageImage
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:They even started a thread wondering how many people thought they'd win:
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... f=4&t=5537
Hmmm, a Poll!! Maybe this thing will get settled right there, and we could just let Weber scrimmage the Poke scout team.

8-)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 127 times

Wicks wrote:It's no different than the idiots on this board and other Wyo boards who are predicting we can beat Texas. I didn't see too many people get on here and say that was foolish, in fact the people who did were called out for not letting fans be fans or something like that.

Botton Line: We should beat the tar out of Weber and Texas is going to beat the tar out of us!
I am not sure there were any posters on this board predicting we WILL beat Texas...meaning...CAN we beat Texas...you bet. WILL we beat Texas...that is an entirely different question...right?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

While I completely agree that on paper Texas out talents us, and we out talent Weber State, comparing the outcomes of the two games in the same manner isn't an equal comparision. First of all Wyoming is at home for both games, second we have a new offense that should use the altitude to our advantage and wear out players especially the bigger ones later in the game, and third we won't be over looking any opponents this year with a new coach and sub par performance last year. Am I suggesting that we will beat Texas not neccessarily but I would suggest that we have a better chance of beating them then it looks like on paper, assuming we can execute properly.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Now they've gotten so bold as to predict wins over Wyoming AND Colorado State. Maybe the MWC should skip right over inviting Boise to the MWC and go straight to Weber. Clearly a better program since they can declare games vs. MWC teams as "winnable" or that they hung with Utah.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

I think Weber could beat Fort Fart U. but no way they can beat WYOMING.

We NEVER lost to a I-AA AKA FCS school and we'll never lose to a stinkin I-AA team!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:I think Weber could beat Fort Fart U. but no way they can beat WYOMING.

We NEVER lost to a I-AA AKA FCS school and we'll never lose to a stinkin I-AA team!!
We lost to Idaho State in the 70s. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I think Weber could beat Fort Fart U. but no way they can beat WYOMING.

We lost to Idaho State in the 70s. :twocents:
That game was BEFORE I-AA was started. I-AA started in 1978. That game was in 1972.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

I seam to remember reading last year how North Dakoda was going to thrash us
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Arguably the worst Wyoming team in history beat Furman the year they played for the 1-AA national championship.. if that says anything.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Landiegopoke wrote:I seam to remember reading last year how North Dakoda was going to thrash us
It's North Dakota State and yea....

We beat them....of course.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Weber better not try to win too hard like ND. Our non physical Glenn team sent many ND players home injured. This year we are toted as being more physical... I wonder where that leaves poor Weber?
Go Pokes!
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Arguably the worst Wyoming team in history beat Furman the year they played for the 1-AA national championship.. if that says anything.
Pokes also mopped the field with App State a couple years before they became the premier program in the 1-AA ranks.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

Wow, I'm surprised by the confidence level of some of the posters. Frankly, I think it is completely reasonable for the Weber State fans to see this as a winnable game. I mean, North Dakota State (who turned out to be a middle of the road FCS team) did march into Laramie just last year and nearly walked away with a win. Honestly, had we played Weber State last year, I truly believe there is a very good chance we lose that game. I think we will be improved this year, but we won't be world beaters. Looking into the past to see how we did against I-AA teams is a waste of time. There is far more parity in college football today than there ever has been in the past. The same reasons we saw Virgina, Ole Miss, and UCLA as winnable games are the reasons Weber State fans see our game as winnable for them. Bottom line: talk is cheap. All that matters is what the scoreboard reads come 3 PM Mountain Time on September 5th, 2009. My prediction: 24-10 Pokes. :D