Congrats to the Cowboys

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Bobcat Pride
Buckaroo

Good win by the Cowboys today against Ohio. I went to the game, and I still can't believe the Bobcats lost it. Calling a timeout right before an incomplete fourth-down play, then giving up the TD pass when play resumes. OUCH!!

I was VERY impressed by the number of Wyoming fans that were at the game. Rarely, if ever, have that many visiting fans come from even the other MAC schools that Ohio plays. It says a lot about the support the Cowboy program gets. I can tell you, there won't be anywhere near that many Bobcats fans that make the trip to Wyoming next season. Before the game, a nice Wyoming booster that traveled with the team was handing out little Wyoming pins to any of the Bobcats fans around. It was really nice to talk to her, and she was all class. Great job by the Wyoming fan base.

The difference in the game was the size of the Wyoming defensive front seven and the Wyoming offensive line compared to their Ohio counterparts. The MAC teams just can't recruit that kind of beef. There aren't enough of them to go around between all the D-1A schools in the region. In the second half, it really showed. The Bobcats were just worn down. It was like against Va. Tech in the second half of that game too.

I wasn't at all impressed with Sween as a QB. He made some really bad decisions with the football. Threw into a lot of coverage. I wasn't surprised when he got yanked in the second half. Truly, Ohio's best defense was hoping that the Cowboys would throw the football, because between the offensive line opening holes, and both running backs hitting them fast, there was no need for Wyoming to throw the ball at all in the second half. When they did, it was a gift.

On the other side of the ball, the Cowboys' defense could not be moved by the Bobcats' O-line. They've had a couple of starters go out on the line recently, and Coach Solich has to be very concerned about their play in the second half. Ohio's inability to cash in on the numerous mistakes made by Wyoming kept the game much closer than it should have been, but the Cowboys' defense had a lot to do with that.

I was encouraged to see that Ohio's skilled players were able to hold their own very nicely in comparison to Wyoming's. If the Bobcats can continue to make some of the big plays they had, they should do well in the MAC.

Good luck the rest of the way through. Hopefully, the Bobcats can start taking care of their business in the MAC schedule and give Wyoming some more computer points.

GO BOBCATS!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Hey, thanks for swinging by. Tough loss today for you guys, but you've turned out to be a pretty formidable opponent.. and the MAC title is in reach for you guys.. your champ from last year got clobbered by North Dakota State today.. so hang in there!

I hear the Bobcats are trying to push their Laramie return date back to 2009.. read that article today.. it's in the Poke News section. Know anything about this?
ImageImageImageImage
Doc Bobcat
Buckaroo

Ditto on that congrats. Your team and fans are a class act. I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the year. RB Devin Moore looks like a keeper. The change on next years game is a tad dissappointing, but I guess I can wait one more year. The problem was with our scheduling and the fact that the home game with Northwestern was changed from here to there giving us too many away games next year.
Bobcat Pride
Buckaroo

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the game scheduled for next season shakes out. I hope the Bobcats go out there and play it. It is a game they committed to, and it should be followed through on. We'll have to see.
Pithecus
Buckaroo

Hat's off to the Cowboys.