Breaking News (coming soon)...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 127 times

UW football has been verballed by 4 HIGH RATED quality athletes (maybe the highest rated UW has attracted since Scout's rating system). No release at this point, as to protect. One is a WR that will see some true frosh PT.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Please tell us this isn't a joke. Cuz that would be awesome.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

this better be true, im actually excited. haha...

and i dont wanna be let down! cause that would suck!

and lets get this info out! i wanna know who
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

I am looking forward to the release. I do hope it is posted here first when it comes out... ;)
Go Pokes!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

YES! please post here ASAP, we will be waiting.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

Ha Ha - pure speculation.

Not happening. Some good prospects are expected to sign. At least 3 and maybe 4 or 5 tops. Biggest task is to prevent defections from current commitment list. There are considered to be 3 highly regarding prospects already committed.

Not one current offer is expected to be accepted by the type of player that already has offers from teams like USC, OU, Texas or Florida types. There are offers still out to players with some BCS conference program offers, but the window is closing fast on the premium players. There might be one prospect that would be a huge get for UW still pondering a decision, but the remaining targets are on filling needed spots at some positions lacking depth. Unless there really are 4 big time mystery players being kept as top secret and just waiting to be showcased as Wyoming recruits as referred to, the lone remaining highly recruited prize still outstanding Wyoming hopes to get is Fritz Rock. That would make for a total of 4 top recruits in the class if he commits.
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

The rumors are true. DC picked up a lot of the talent that Missouri did not offer scholarships to.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

For the times I have been paying attention which equals 1. The whispers are 1 and 1. So, if this doesn't pan out I will be with you PorkerPoke but until then I am with the whispers.
Go Pokes!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://wyoming.scout.com/a.z?s=367&p=8&c=1&nid=3461238

That commit looks legit, perfect fit for DC's offense, could start right away.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

No breaking news yet. Are we going to have to wait for Signing Day? Still hope its true, it will be worth the wait.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

Like I said - there ain't sh** for breaking news. The biggest names are already committed. If there are any big names to come out then they will be last minute pick-ups. It would not be a big secret just waiting to happen if some super blue chip high prize recruits were already committed and had visited. We will still pick up anywhere from 3-5 players by or shortly after signing date. If there are some super top secret studs who have offers but have not visited yet, then they probably need some serious ACT scores if we have to keep big time quiet. The main 3 newspapers - Casper, Laramie and Cheyenne have not missed a mention of names committed or visited so far if anyone pays close attention. No one is spewing out any "breaking" news or hints to that effect. No recruiting sites are hinting at any kind of offers or visits or commitments. Things like multiple big time commitments don't hide in the closet for extended periods of time.

Sorry to pee on anyone's hopes that the next round of NFL players might be commited to time in Laramie - this "breaking news" was bogus and unfair to the hopeful fan.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 127 times

PorkerPoke wrote:Like I said - there ain't sh** for breaking news. The biggest names are already committed. If there are any big names to come out then they will be last minute pick-ups. It would not be a big secret just waiting to happen if some super blue chip high prize recruits were already committed and had visited. We will still pick up anywhere from 3-5 players by or shortly after signing date. If there are some super top secret studs who have offers but have not visited yet, then they probably need some serious ACT scores if we have to keep big time quiet. The main 3 newspapers - Casper, Laramie and Cheyenne have not missed a mention of names committed or visited so far if anyone pays close attention. No one is spewing out any "breaking" news or hints to that effect. No recruiting sites are hinting at any kind of offers or visits or commitments. Things like multiple big time commitments don't hide in the closet for extended periods of time.

Sorry to pee on anyone's hopes that the next round of NFL players might be commited to time in Laramie - this "breaking news" was bogus and unfair to the hopeful fan.
We'll see. No doubt this will be the best & highest rated class UW has seen since well before Glenn rolled into town and recruited down to D2. And there will be surprises...but not necessarily ON signing day.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Wait is this the 10 foot Nigerian that was going to come for basketball, and now he is switching to football? He'll take up two line spots - playing both left tackle and left guard. And I think he is a 6 star recruit now.
God is a Cowboy
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

McPeachy wrote:
PorkerPoke wrote:Like I said - there ain't sh** for breaking news. The biggest names are already committed. If there are any big names to come out then they will be last minute pick-ups. It would not be a big secret just waiting to happen if some super blue chip high prize recruits were already committed and had visited. We will still pick up anywhere from 3-5 players by or shortly after signing date. If there are some super top secret studs who have offers but have not visited yet, then they probably need some serious ACT scores if we have to keep big time quiet. The main 3 newspapers - Casper, Laramie and Cheyenne have not missed a mention of names committed or visited so far if anyone pays close attention. No one is spewing out any "breaking" news or hints to that effect. No recruiting sites are hinting at any kind of offers or visits or commitments. Things like multiple big time commitments don't hide in the closet for extended periods of time.

We'll see. No doubt this will be the best & highest rated class UW has seen since well before Glenn rolled into town and recruited down to D2. And there will be surprises...but not necessarily ON signing day.
This recruiting class is right on par with most of Glenn's late classes. Not any better...not any worse. Right now the players signed to this class have an average star rating of 2.20. Our 2007 class had an average star rating of 2.29 and in 2008 the average star rating was 2.14. Currently we have 4 three star players verbaled to us (one of them being Meredith who isn't even earning a scholarship). In 2008 Glenn signed 3 three star players (inlcuding Crum, who was a 4 star on scout) and in 2007 Glenn signed 6 three star recruits. I understand that Christensen is supposedly recruiting players that "fit his sytem", but I'd be willing to bet he would have been going after a little higher caliber recruit that "fit his system" if he was still at Mizzou. The sad thing is, I don't think Mizzou would have beat Utah or TCU last year and BYU would have probably gone to the home team. I don't understand how Christensen expects to beat those teams while recruiting lesser athletes than he had at Mizzou. I'm very skeptical of this thing turning around much if we continue to recruit like this. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this year because he had a late start and was a first year head coach, but I fully expect our classes to be much better than this if we truly plan to compete with the Big 3 teams in this conference.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

And there will be surprises...but not necessarily ON signing day.
So when will the surprises come? Before signing day or After?

McPeachy you haven't led us on with false info yet. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

No more surprises. Not 4 anyway. No sh**.

You will like what we have. It is better than what the recruiting services indicate.

The original post was a guess and total B.S. The good part is this class will be beneficial to the future!
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

I'm not sure why, but PorkerPoke's posts hurt me. Something about the way he writes makes my head hurt.

Anyways, I doubt there are any major surprises, but it wouldn't surprise me. None of the news sources in Wyoming are worth a sh!t, NONE OF THEM.

I also agree with whoever it was who commented on hanging with the top 3. When all is said and done, this school and this program need to start recruiting. Wyoming needs bigger, faster and more athletic kids. Utah, BYU and TCU are taking this thing to another level folks. We can't argue back and forth about the "we can't recruit like everyone else" crap anymore and expect to even enjoy membership in the MWC. We are consistently out recruited by CSU, UNM, and AFA, who all fall way short of the big three right now. DC may be a solid coach, but if this school can't get better athletes in here it will not matter.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I don't think we will get to the recruiting level of byu, utah, or tcu in Christensen's first recruiting class after he only got on the job after the first of the year. Give him a chance. If we come up with a winning record and a bowl game this coming season, watch the recruiting level go way up. At least he is a valid recruiter and doesn't try to recruit by playing Ragtime Cowboy Joe on the piano.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.