5 new verbals

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

According to the rivals wyo board we have received 5 new recruits after this weekend's visits.

1. Ghalli Muhammad (rivals two star), cornerback from missouri, 5'11" 200 pound 4.5 forty.
2. Larry Mitchell (rivals no stars), wide receiver from fort worth, tx, 6'3" 185 pound 4.4 forty.
3. Kenney Browder (rivals two star), cornerback from round rock, tx, 5'11" 175 pound 4.48 forty.
4. Mark Willis (rivals two star), defensive end from illinois, 6'4" 230 pound 4.68 forty.
5. Rodney Jaynes, wide reciever from chicago, illinois, 6'4" 205 pound (couldn't find stars or forty time on him).
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

I can't believe Carta-Samuals commited. I guess if they want to have a chance shine Wyoming is the spot to get a lot of playing time if you are any good. I hope these guys can dish out some good games for us in the future.
Go Pokes!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

yep here's what I found on Carta-Samuls who also has committed

Austyn Carta-Samuels is a qb who was previously committed to San Jose St. He has now committed to Wyoming as of this evening. Carta-Samuels is a rivals three star dual-threat qb who was also being persued by Purdue, Utah, UNLV, Air Force, San Jose St, San Diego State, and Oregon.

6. Carta-Samuels (rivals 3 star), qb from San Jose California, 6'1" 207 pounds 4.63 forty.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Pretty good credentials. This could get exciting.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 57 times

Carta-Samuels is our best signing to date in my opinion. He seems to fit the new offense very well. ESPN even mentioned that he is built very similar to Chase Daniels in their analysis of him. It will be very interesting to see who gets the start in the first game next season. I really have a feeling it will be one of the new guys (Benjamin or Carta-Samuels). I just don'th think any of the guy currently on the roster are auited to run Christiensen's offense. It spoke volumes that Christiensen went out and signed two QB's with all of the QB's we already had on our roster. Something tells me he didn't feel very comfortable with any of our signal callers after he finally got a chance to watch them on film. I just hope we can lure Fritz Rock to UW. I think Rock could come and immediately make the WR's a much better group. He and Bolling on the outside would be one of the better WR duos we have had in a while.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

UW's in a tough spot.. we have Adam Berry who is supposedly the next coming of God, plus two more QB recruits this year, plus Dax, Karsten, and Stutzreim. Who are the odd men out? I suspect they'll redshirt Carta-Samuels, Barry ride the pine.. then a crapshoot from there. I don't see Dax playing much next year, or Sween.
ImageImageImageImage
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I am a little surprised at the number of DBs recruited. I assume some are being recruited for offense or we are pulling a TCU and coverting DBs to LB, and LB to DE, etc. Last I looked, it appeared we have 6 or 7 DBs committed. I'm more concerned about the lack of linemen in general. 2 defensive ends and that is it, no o-linemen or D-tackles, just dont want to get caught young on the line like in 2007. We kind of stockpiled linemen after that because it was such a need, so a light year shouldn't hurt too bad, but we will need an infusion next year for sure if we don't fill a few of those final spots with linemen.

Overall, after monitoring the recruiting through rivals and scout for the last couple of years, I am impressed with the class given DC's time to put it together, even more speed players than last years class. It does make me a little excited to see what DC & company could do with a full recruiting year, starting the day after national letter of intent day. 5 Qbs with 3 star ratings, DC should be able to do something with that. Sween, Crum, Stutz, Barry, Benjamin, & Austyn, were all rated 3 stars by at least one of the sites at some point. Also, I read somewhere that only one player wouldn't be back, not too bad.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Fullback41 wrote:I am a little surprised at the number of DBs recruited. I assume some are being recruited for offense or we are pulling a TCU and coverting DBs to LB, and LB to DE, etc. Last I looked, it appeared we have 6 or 7 DBs committed. I'm more concerned about the lack of linemen in general. 2 defensive ends and that is it, no o-linemen or D-tackles, just dont want to get caught young on the line like in 2007. We kind of stockpiled linemen after that because it was such a need, so a light year shouldn't hurt too bad, but we will need an infusion next year for sure if we don't fill a few of those final spots with linemen.

Overall, after monitoring the recruiting through rivals and scout for the last couple of years, I am impressed with the class given DC's time to put it together, even more speed players than last years class. It does make me a little excited to see what DC & company could do with a full recruiting year, starting the day after national letter of intent day. 5 Qbs with 3 star ratings, DC should be able to do something with that. Sween, Crum, Stutz, Barry, Benjamin, & Austyn, were all rated 3 stars by at least one of the sites at some point. Also, I read somewhere that only one player wouldn't be back, not too bad.
I think Mike Purcell will be moved to either NG or DT. He is already 6'4" and 260. His high school coach callled him a big Somoan who has quick feet and room to grow. Mark Willis looks like a great get at DE with sub 4.7 speed.

Very impressed so far and these guys got a late start.
armchaircoach
Buckaroo

I really like the looks of this class so far. We are thin at DB and I like the fact we are stockpiling there. O-Line is the most difficult area to find players at all levels—we may need to work on that area, next year, but right now I really like the fact we are going speed and skill. As far as the quarterback numbers, one of the facts of big time athletics is that scholarships are renewable each year. We will not keep all these guys. My bet is that Stutz and Dax will be helped to find new schools—they just do not fit this system. Sween is a senior that has paid his dues and will be kept. (Holder-mature leadership) Just my guess.
On a final note—we are now recruiting with more of a Big 12 mentality. Take the best kids we can get and make up for any deficiencies the next year or JUCO if needed. See—Nebraska--They have signed six DBs for next year and offered another—take the best you can get and make them into safeties or speed LBs if they do not work at corner. I like it.