Concerning Merideth

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

I just talked with a high school coach that coached against Merideth twice this year. We were talking about Cowboy football and Merideth's name came up. I asked him what he thought and he said that Merideth was an "ok Wyoming high school player". He said he was a little shocked that he was going to Wyoming from what he saw.

He said that if Meredith went to a Black Hills or Dickinson...etc...(NAIA) that he would probably start his junior year. If he went to Chadron (DII) that he might start his senior season, maybe. He said that he sees no way Andrew plays at Wyoming. Not good size and not enough speed for DI. I asked about this 3-star thing and he told me he has no idea about that. He thought that maybe Merideth's dad did a really good job of advertising his kid. He thought that is just seemed a little funny that Merideth accepted a preferred walk on, and not a full ride from at least one of the big schools that supposedly were talking to him.

The last thing this coach said was that if he had to guess, Merideth will transfer to a smaller school in no more than a couple years. He did say, however, that he thought Spencer Bruce out of Gillette should be in a poke uniform. He said that he is gonna be a beast later and if he signs with S. Miss that it will be a shame for the state of Wyoming.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Scout only has him at a 1 star. Perhaps Scout is closer. Who knows until you get them on the field with others you recruited. Fall and Spring practice should show where all these recruits fall compared to the old guard. The ultimate test is when they actually play opponents. Recruiting can be fun but it isn't the most accurate thing in the world. It is like the BCS, it is all speculation...
Go Pokes!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 127 times

I think it will be up to Meredith where & when he plays. As is the case with all walk-ons. If he doesn't pan out, that is his own fault.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I saw Meredith and Bruce both in person this year. At the time I was interested in Meredith because he had a 3 star rating. I left the game unimpressed but I also felt he may have been playing down to the competition or been gameplanned to avoid. From what I have read his 3 star ranking is partly due to a defensive MVP performance at a summer camp with quality kids. I seem to remember reading that he had a couple interceptions, etc. Just the fact either of the recruiting sites thinks he is a 3 star player from Wyoming (the only one I have seen in my research) makes me think it would be bad politics not to make him an offer. Right now he sounds like he could be a player similar to Weddle, kind of an undersized safety with the potential to create turnovers. If he gets picks great, if not.....? Bruce was a big kid with room to grow, and some speed for a bigger guy. Think of Fletcher who was a tall option QB now a beast DE. I don't like the thought of any Wyoming kid getting a D-1 offer from others and not from us, whether they choose UW is up to them. I have seen too many WY kids excel out of state at other D1 schools while not even getter an offer at UW. On the flip side I think any Shrine Bowl caliber freshman in Laramie should walk on, wish I had. I would have probably just been practice meat for Tiller and the gang or a special teams guy but if I helped, if only in practice then great. Didn't think I would miss it as much as I did.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!