Practice has officially started

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

The Cowboys held their first official practice Friday evening and then two practices on Saturday in the AA. It's too early to say what the outcome of this season will be, but I see it as being brighter than it has been in years. The only injury we have is walk-on freshman guard Arthur Boudo who has a dislocated ankle. Ewing was selected to the preseason All-MWC team. Sean Ogirri at the other guard is going to be fun to watch. They may be the best guard tandem we have had at UW ever. Forward Djibril Thiam won't be elgible to play until the second semester, but he, Sylla (the 7'2" center transfer from Auburn), and guard JayDee Luster (transfer from N.Mex.St.) will all be practicing with the team and should be creating some real good practice oposition - better than many of the teams we will meet.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

I'm stoked, can't wait for the School of Mines on the 8th.

I feel pretty good about the new players I've seen but still wonder about Davis and Diakite.

What's your opinion on their potential contributions this year?
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'll tell you the truth, I don't know what their potential is. I have heard good things about Davis, but I need to see them to get an opinion on their level of play. We are definitely going to need guards next year. I think we will have everyone back next year at F except Johnson.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.