Place to be Tuesday night...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

The AA in Laramie according to ESPN's Andy Katz (Places to be on right side of page).

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/ ... 207/week-7
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

To me, one of the big failures of the mtn is that games like this are not likely to be televised nationally when they do receive this kind of national attention. If we have to have Tuesday night games, we should at least be able to get a national broadcast (like the old Big Monday 10 p.m. games were).
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

WyoExpat wrote:To me, one of the big failures of the mtn is that games like this are not likely to be televised nationally when they do receive this kind of national attention. If we have to have Tuesday night games, we should at least be able to get a national broadcast (like the old Big Monday 10 p.m. games were).
No offense, but you can take your old "Big Monday" 10 p.m. games and sink them with the Titanic. All this "national exposure" of being on espn at 10 p.m. MST would get a fraction of the viewership it would get on the MTN at normal start times. Nobody east of the Mississippi would be watching and very few west of the Mississippi would either. Besides that, if you think 8,000 fans for a game in the AA is low now, how many fans do you think you would get for a 10 p.m. Monday game in the middle of winter. Been there, done that.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

No offense, but you can take your old "Big Monday" 10 p.m. games and sink them with the Titanic. All this "national exposure" of being on espn at 10 p.m. MST would get a fraction of the viewership it would get on the MTN at normal start times. Nobody east of the Mississippi would be watching and very few west of the Mississippi would either. Besides that, if you think 8,000 fans for a game in the AA is low now, how many fans do you think you would get for a 10 p.m. Monday game in the middle of winter. Been there, done that.[/quote]

I do not disagree with the start times. I do remember one well-attended Big Monday game in the AA against UNLV during Coach McCain's first year.

My point is that someone has to have specifically subscribed to the mtn to see the game on Tuesday night. No one is going to stumble upon it like they might if it were on a mainstream network. The big issue, in my mind, is that there is a ceiling on viewership for our top flight games under the current network contract. On the other hand, we had better coverage of all the games on Saturday for the people within the Mountain West's geographic footprint. At the end of the day, it seems that schools are "voting with their feet" with respect to the mtn. If, as ESPN says, Laramie is the place to be for college basketball on Tuesday night, then the fact that the casual fan who is jonesing for a basketball game on TV is not going to catch the SDSU/Wyo game because of the limitations in our contract hurts the conference as a whole.

I certainly appreciated getting to watch the CSU/Wyo game on Saturday and that game would not have been available under any prior deal. We just need to figure out how to improve the ceiling on distribution for the really compelling games like those among the top tier of the conference that is now the best in the West according to most experts.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

The only other option at this time would be if they would switch this game from the MTN to the CBS Sports Network channel. I agree that our tv contract needs to be upgraded and the MWC and the schools in the MWC are trying to find a solution or a way out of our present contract. I believe Comcast is the culprit that screwed us on the tv contract which still has about 5 years remaining on it.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

The fact still remains, the A-A in Laramie is the place to be in the college basketball universe on Tuesday night. For those who are fortunate to be within driving distance, the TV coverage should be irrelevant.

I hope all of the kids that might think about playing for us in a year or two have access to the mtn tomorrow night...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

And Comcast is showing the games (in Denver) on channel 411, which is digital but NOT HD. This makes a HUGE difference. Some MW football games were broadcast on the HD Mtn. network channel. We need all games in HD.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:And Comcast is showing the games (in Denver) on channel 411, which is digital but NOT HD. This makes a HUGE difference. Some MW football games were broadcast on the HD Mtn. network channel. We need all games in HD.
They aren't broadcasting the basketball games in HD. I believe the tournament is broadcast in HD, but not the regular season games.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

WYO1016 wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:And Comcast is showing the games (in Denver) on channel 411, which is digital but NOT HD. This makes a HUGE difference. Some MW football games were broadcast on the HD Mtn. network channel. We need all games in HD.
They aren't broadcasting the basketball games in HD. I believe the tournament is broadcast in HD, but not the regular season games.
yep. no hd regular season games except DU-Wyo was on Root HD and CU-Wyo was as well, well one of them was on Altitude, but I'm not sure what that station really is.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingFTball1995
Buckaroo

Damn I wish I could go...its gonna be rockin
“I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault.”-Jack Tatum
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

WyomingFTball1995 wrote:Damn I wish I could go...its gonna be rockin
Ditto
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

No HD annoys me but I get the MTN as part of a medium package on Directv. 30 million subscribers is not limited viewership IMO
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

Aaron wrote:No HD annoys me but I get the MTN as part of a medium package on Directv. 30 million subscribers is not limited viewership IMO
right. i think if you live in any state with a MW team, you don't need the sports pack to get the Mtn. on Directv, it might be different in California, but I get it with the Choice Xtra package. Plus I get the Mtn HD feeds when they are available unlike my cable company. My cable company sucked. Root, NBCsports, NHL network plus many more that the cable company didn't carry or didn't carry in HD. Best move I ever made.
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

Bresnan now optimum really needs to get the Mountain in Montana, really sick of watching every game on the internet...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

wyofan4life5 wrote:Bresnan now optimum really needs to get the Mountain in Montana, really sick of watching every game on the internet...
This. I call and bug them every so often.
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

wyofan4life5 wrote:Bresnan now optimum really needs to get the Mountain in Montana, really sick of watching every game on the internet...
I wonder how many other Wyoming fans outside of (and some even inside) the MWC footprint are having this problem. This is probably the biggest problem with our TV Contract. It's a hugh problem and has hurt this conference more than anything else.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy wrote:
I wonder how many other Wyoming fans outside of (and some even inside) the MWC footprint are having this problem. This is probably the biggest problem with our TV Contract. It's a hugh problem and has hurt this conference more than anything else.
I'm in the military and struggle to follow the Pokes from around the country (and world). Currently, my only hope of "seeing" a game is to watch Wyo2dal's streams...
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

There's a Q and A with the SDSU beat writer on Gagliardi's blog. The SDSU beat writer said he doesn't even get the MTN.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Currently, my only hope of "seeing" a game is to watch Wyo2dal's streams...
I am in a similar boat (except the military and global travel part) and it is that simple, unless one subscribes to DirecTV. I rely on Wyo2dal as well.
7175 Poke
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote:
Aaron wrote:No HD annoys me but I get the MTN as part of a medium package on Directv. 30 million subscribers is not limited viewership IMO
right. i think if you live in any state with a MW team, you don't need the sports pack to get the Mtn. on Directv, it might be different in California, but I get it with the Choice Xtra package. Plus I get the Mtn HD feeds when they are available unlike my cable company. My cable company sucked. Root, NBCsports, NHL network plus many more that the cable company didn't carry or didn't carry in HD. Best move I ever made.
I think Directv requires you to have the sports pack to get the mtn wherever you are.