Roster question

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

Watching the Cowgirl game tonight I noticed that Bowling Green had their full complement of 15 players on the bench while the Cowgirls only have 11 on the roster.
Anyone know why we don't have a full bench?
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Didn't someone have to quit for medical reasons? And other going back to Australia to go pro?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Scheffler retired because of back problems, and Emma Langford left for Australia.. is that what you meant, kd?
ImageImageImageImage
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wind River Poke wrote:Watching the Cowgirl game tonight I noticed that Bowling Green had their full complement of 15 players on the bench while the Cowgirls only have 11 on the roster.
Anyone know why we don't have a full bench?
As previously noted, Scheffler's UW career was cut short by injuries and Bec Campigli (Langford was the year before) left to return to Australia.

In addition, Legerski almost never uses the full complement of 15 scholarships. I don't really know why, but it seems that we usually have about 13 girls on scholarship at any given time.
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

Just curious, I don't know the scholarship rules when someone leaves. We had 14 on the roster in 08-09 and since have only carried a roster of 11 or 12.
Didn't really think about it until I saw 15 players suited up on the Bowling Green bench last night.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925