Does Brian Hill stay or go???

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

It could be worse than Brian leaving for the draft after the season is over...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/the-d ... 54560.html
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Using Wentz as an example is apples to oranges. There are several QBs taken in the first round every year, over the last 5 years there has been only about 1 RB taken in the first round each year on average. In order for Hill to stay and go in the first round, he would have to be the #1 or #2 RB in the entire draft. I just don't see that happening.
It's not apples and oranges - the belief that talent at a lower class school, any position, is hogwash. QB, RB or otherwise. That's why Wentz is relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are comparing a guy that plays a position that gets 3-4 players taken in the first round annually vs a position that is lucky to get 2....it's the definition of apples to oranges. If Barry Sanders were in the draft this year, he would MAYBE Be a 1st round pick...that's how little RBs are thought of in the league today.
I dont disagree, but you are arguing about position, not as the post said, because of the school.

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Poke-proud wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Using Wentz as an example is apples to oranges. There are several QBs taken in the first round every year, over the last 5 years there has been only about 1 RB taken in the first round each year on average. In order for Hill to stay and go in the first round, he would have to be the #1 or #2 RB in the entire draft. I just don't see that happening.
It's not apples and oranges - the belief that talent at a lower class school, any position, is hogwash. QB, RB or otherwise. That's why Wentz is relevant.

You are comparing a guy that plays a position that gets 3-4 players taken in the first round annually vs a position that is lucky to get 2....it's the definition of apples to oranges. If Barry Sanders were in the draft this year, he would MAYBE Be a 1st round pick...that's how little RBs are thought of in the league today.
I dont disagree, but you are arguing about position, not as the post said, because of the school.

I'm arguing both actually. I could see a QB at Wyoming being a first round pick, but I just don't see a RB at Wyoming cracking the 1st, even if he is good enough to do so. This is also dependent on our current time frame, I'm not saying a RB from UW could ever be 1st round, just not right now, we need to have more years of success first. That is a product of our lack of success over the years (I.E. the school) and the importance of positions at the next level (I.E. QB > RB).
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:

I'm arguing both actually. I could see a QB at Wyoming being a first round pick, but I just don't see a RB at Wyoming cracking the 1st, even if he is good enough to do so. This is also dependent on our current time frame, I'm not saying a RB from UW could ever be 1st round, just not right now, we need to have more years of success first. That is a product of our lack of success over the years (I.E. the school) and the importance of positions at the next level (I.E. QB > RB).
Gotcha.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The Oregon RB has announced he's staying in school. CBS Sports rated him as the No. 4 RB in the class and a 2nd rounder, while Hill is rated as the 11th back and a 3rd to 4th rounder.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

joshvanklomp wrote:The Oregon RB has announced he's staying in school. CBS Sports rated him as the No. 4 RB in the class and a 2nd rounder, while Hill is rated as the 11th back and a 3rd to 4th rounder.
If Hill can really go in the 3rd or 4th he needs to
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Ranking fourth in the nation in rushing yards (1,767) and touchdowns (21), Hill has been the go-to weapon for the Mountain West’s top scoring offense. Hill boasts superb vision and hits the hole out of a cannon when he sees green. With the ability to get skinny through the line, Hill shows the quickness to bust loose but also the power to shake off tacklers in traffic and in space. His power in between the tackles is impressive and so is his elusiveness in space. The running back class gets stronger if Hill turns pro, but should pair with Allen as a top five player at his position if he returns next season.

http://thesportsdaily.com/optimum-scout ... uarterbac/
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

I hate this thread so damn much.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

elfletcho wrote:I hate this thread so damn much.
Why what's so bad about it?

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

knhendon
Buckaroo

Hill stays, and WYO kicks ass tonight!!
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:

10 pages of talking about Brian Hill leaving.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

elfletcho wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

Unfortunately him sitting says it all.

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Poke-proud wrote:
elfletcho wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

I think it says Bohl letting the senior back take center stage in the 1st quarter of we don't see Hill in the 2nd quarter then I'd agree.

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke-proud wrote:
elfletcho wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

Yeah it says he was in trouble and suspended for the 1st quarter.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:
elfletcho wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

I think it says Bohl letting the senior back take center stage in the 1st quarter of we don't see Hill in the 2nd quarter then I'd agree.

Whew

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If Williams gets over 200 and Hill is held to around 80, would you think Hill would rethink any thoughts of the draft?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Hopefully losing makes him want to come back.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.