From The Fargo Forum

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:I think we should cash out the rainy day fund and build jerry world in Laramie
This.

Sorry I love my Cowboys and I make as many games as I can but I work outside all year and during harvest I freeze my ass off enough. I dont go to many cold games because of it. I know a lot of you guys think people can man up but that just isn't how the majority of people are these days. Attendance would increase with a dome. And if the brass at UW were smart it would be an amazing place for concerts and other poop like that. Hell make it fit baseball. We need that in Laramie
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

Aaron is spot on. A multifuntional dome.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Maybe something they could do is have the Farmer's Market up there instead of downtown Laramie, where a lot of local businesses get blocked off. Because that, along with Jubilee Days, blocks off a part of downtown Laramie and the business owners don't like that.

Another thing they could do is start bringing back concerts, and try to get big name bands (they had Lynyrd Skynyrd a couple years ago in the AA and it sold out) or have the Snowy Range Music Festival in there.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 4 times

DINO wrote:Can't use private jets? In the case of Wyoming an exception should be made...I can think of no other school that possesses a remoteness that Wyoming does in Laramie so far as air travel is concerned. Unless Laramie Regional Airport can expand their biggest runway by another 1000 yards to allow for commercial air traffic -- there should be no reason why Wyoming should not be able to fly a recruit in from Denver aboard a private aircraft. This NCAA rule, like a host of others, makes no sense at all.

So far as a dome at The War? I have zero interest in that - and I don't think it will ever happen anyway. In my mind it would kill off the entire culture of 'Wyoming Tough' and reduce us to an atmosphere that would feel way too sterile. In an era of luxury boxes and club suites, and domed stadiums, I really relish the environment of The War, in it's locale, facing a sometimes hostile weather environment, fresh air, God's blue sky above, etc.

If it rains it rains, if it snows it snows, so be it, I like my sports outside and in the environment presented that day. As a fan sitting in the seats during a cold and snowy day I feel as though I'm going through those conditions just like the players and coaches out on the field - it provides a connection somehow.

Wyoming Football being played inside has no appeal for me at all.

P.S. For those who want a dome at The War...I guess you would also green light a dome at Lambeau Field? Blasphemy!
There's commercial traffic there now, and Brees Field is entirely capable of landing jumbo jets. What are you referring to?